RAMC Helmet plate

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by doctordeath, Nov 30, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking for an RAMC Junior Ranks Helmet Plate!!! Yes I know it's rockinghorse shit but I can try can't I. Been looking on e-bay for over a year with no sucess so I thoght I'd try here. Also an RAMC Blue cloth helmet with round pomel as opposed to the spike.
    Please pm me if you are looking to move one on!!! or can help me find one.
    Cheers DD :D
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

RAMC Junior Ranks Helmet Plate? What this?

A 1900 Blue cloth helmet with RAMC plate should cost you around £500, but on your wages, mere bagotel! :wink:
  3. Its a 1878 Home Service Pattern Helmet with a Queen Vitoria's Crown (QVC) or Kings Imperial Crown (KC) from 1901. The helmet remained the same, and the Army Medical Staff indeed used the round pomel instead of a Spike.

Did the RAMC Band wear a more modern QEII (QC) version of the helmet plate?
  4. Thanks for the info guys, but I,m still looking for one for sale!!! Thought I'd treat myself for Xmas. Looking for the Pre 1901 version with a other ranks plate, thats the one with the red cross on a white background centre to the plate. :wink: Ventress if you have one or two let me know, might take one off your hands!!!!!!
  5. Just like to say thanks to Fathobbit for the link's I have not managed to track and of the said Rocking Horse S*it down but I have got the items listed with various places on the lookout for me and have also got life size pictures of them so at least I can dream of the day I get one.

Cheers Chaps!!!! :wink: :D