RAMC Ebay medal for sale.

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Ventress, Oct 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

2. Never knew they worth so much !

3. I know she hasnt done as is claimed!

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

5. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

A Corps CSM 1962 tops out at about £75.

6. There has been a few of these medals, on Ebay recently, all claiming to be SAS 14 Int, etc,etc

Anyone who buys ones on this basis is an arrse!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Bone question time...do females get issued a different medal? This seems to suggest they do!

8. No everyone one gets the same. Interestingly as of August next year this medal will no longer be awarded.

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Only stamped with a different Q or W number prefix.

10. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

11. to date, Northern Ireland is still UK Land Forces biggest deployment at 8000 troops -

so, the troubles have lasted 35 years +, and troops deployed now are at their lowest = must be a rare medal! my grannies arr$e!!

12. reg number Q103 - she hasnt been in the army 5 minutes :x

13. So they can tell it's been issued to a woman because it starts with Q (or W, as Ventress said)?

I've been wondering how they know it was a woman's medal...

FF.

14. FF

yeah - sorry.

All female medics and nurses who joined up after Apr 92 have numbers beginning with Q, and all females for other capbadges get W.

Before 92 - the WRAC still existed , hence the W before the regi number, and all females in the AMS regardless of trade where members of the QARANC - hence the Q.