RAMC Ebay medal for sale.

dui-lai said:
Anybody know her :?
I know she hasnt done as is claimed!

There has been a few of these medals, on Ebay recently, all claiming to be SAS 14 Int, etc,etc

Anyone who buys ones on this basis is an arrse!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bone question time...do females get issued a different medal? This seems to suggest they do!

No everyone one gets the same. Interestingly as of August next year this medal will no longer be awarded.

to date, Northern Ireland is still UK Land Forces biggest deployment at 8000 troops -

so, the troubles have lasted 35 years +, and troops deployed now are at their lowest = must be a rare medal! my grannies arr$e!!

Bedpan2zero said:
reg number Q103 - she hasnt been in the army 5 minutes :x
So they can tell it's been issued to a woman because it starts with Q (or W, as Ventress said)?

I've been wondering how they know it was a woman's medal...

FF.

FF

yeah - sorry.

All female medics and nurses who joined up after Apr 92 have numbers beginning with Q, and all females for other capbadges get W.

Before 92 - the WRAC still existed , hence the W before the regi number, and all females in the AMS regardless of trade where members of the QARANC - hence the Q.

Bedpan2zero said:
FF

yeah - sorry.

All female medics and nurses who joined up after Apr 92 have numbers beginning with Q, and all females for other capbadges get W.

Before 92 - the WRAC still existed , hence the W before the regi number, and all females in the AMS regardless of trade where members of the QARANC - hence the Q.
Oh. Thanks.

So you, if you are female, were a member of QARANursingC, even if you weren't a nurse? Bet the female docs loved that!

So RAMC was men only? Sounds like a great gentleman's club - looks like I joined too late! 8O

FF.

Ventress

LE
Friendly_Fire said:
So you, if you are female, were a member of QARANursingC, even if you weren't a nurse? Bet the female docs loved that!

So RAMC was men only? Sounds like a great gentleman's club - looks like I joined too late! 8O

FF.
Doctors get an Officer Number, less numbers, no letter prefix.

Is this a WAH?

FF is new in green

OK to explain, once upon a time the women only existed in the army in 2 places, QARANC (Nurses) and the WRAC (Drivers, clerks, stores etc) ten in 92 (Options for Change) everything changed and women were allowed to join just about everything except Inf, RAC or SF.

This did of course go both ways as men could then join the QARANC