RAMC Cherry beret backing?!

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by The_Cheat, Nov 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ok, it is 0210 Sunday morning, I need to get a new beret by tuesday. I know where to get the beret and badge from, but I have got a scooby where to get the backing from! Any ideas where I can get some from and what size it should be?

PLease excuse beer fingers.

T C
  2. try any curtian , habidashery (cant spell it) or pop in to QM.S at lunchtime if you get a chance...backing is oval as you know and the size is cut approx 2mm wider than the rest of the badge around the sides and bottom ...well mine is anmyway and the RSM or anyone else has yet to drip about it
  3. google for it in your local area
  4. You must be pissed; it's Saturday.
  5. Hang on a minute; surely the badges come with the backing applied. I know that you can buy RLC badges with green or maroon backing for para or cdo berets already applied (as well as the normal navy blue). As the generic style for RAMC specifies a dark cherry background, it should have it as part of the normal badge. Or not.
  6. No, anytime I've had to change my beret I've had to get a new piece of Cherry backing and sew it on.
  7. :lol:
  8. You sure it's not sunday? That's great! Is Dubora's open today? Going to pop in to get a berret and badge. The cherry backing, does the colour have a specific name? Like, midnight cherry or something?

Thanks for all the help so far, and please pass the aspirin!

T C

Edit to add- Which one of your feckers has hidden my shoes! I'm trying to head out and get this all sorted and I can't find them! I swear to god, If I find out it was you... :x

T C
  9. If its any help i nabbed a load when i was at 34
    It was used on the bottom of plinthes(sp) etc
    Still got a big wedge of it now and I'll never use it
  10. Thanks for all the help guys. I got a beret etc from Dubora's and bought a small Santa Claus christmas tree ornament and just chopped a bt out of his jacket! It Looks great!

T C
  11. How's your head?
  12. It has just occurred to me (slow, I know), that you had been referring to a Soldier's cap badge rather than, as I had incorrectly assumed, an Officer's and hence my clumsy advice. I know now that I have been stupid. Shame on me. I will try to mind my own business in future.
  13. Don't be so hard on yourself. Most RAMC types are at least a captain when they join so it's quite hard to find us ORs! And the head's fine thanks. One resolve, a bottle of lucozade and some monster much and I was good to go!

Well... good-ish!

T C