Ramadi in lockdown as rebels take control

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Dec 1, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. [c]Times online
  2. I'm sorry , how do they know it was al-Z and al-Q?
  3. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

For the same reason that over the last 25 years everthing has been either Exocet, Kalshnikov, Semtex............ill thought out press use of pointless sensationalist buzzwords and Al Q/Al Z are merely the latest b@st@ard children in this long line of sensationalism.
  4. Exactly MiB.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that a lot of these attacks are being undertaken by former Iraqi Army Soldiers and their Officers?

Is it really such a stretch to imagine a Platoon ,Coy, Battalion or even God forbid a Regiment sized formation out there that thinks "Well we never surrendered , and there are foreign troops in our country" etc etc?

Let's face it, if it happened here, what would we do?
  5. 307

307 War Hero

Standyby for another city to be literally reduced to rubble as the USMC rock up to sort things out, the red white a nd blue way!
  6. AlQaeda/Zarqawi's tag serves both the Nationalist insurgents and the Americans. For the nationalists it's easy cover for when you do something that could be harmful to your popular support base. While for the Americans Al Qaeda/Zarqawi is the great popular bogey man who, if not defeated, could take over the whole of Iraq and so provides continued justification for the allied presence in Iraq.
  7. Yeah look in for a look out. When sh1t like that happens its amazing how the coalition gets caught off guard and the only response is let it all die down then attck a city full of civvys. 1 Cheshire had the right idea as soon as the news comes in deploy the entire battle group on to the ground with VCP's and fighting patrols and watch the insurgents Foxtrot Oscar at the double. minimal shooting maximum effectivness!!!
  8. This is how...

9. Alleged leaflet by Iraqi militants claims al-Zarqawi is dead

I see, so we're taking this leaflet at face value. but not the one describing "Big Z" as dead, because he couldn't have it away on his toes, seeing as he's only got 5 of them?

The more I see, the less I believe
  10. I guess it's just down to which leaflet was most 'on message' :wink:
  11. Ahhhhhh I see the light begins to dawn ;)
  12. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Glad for you PTP....explain for us thickos ?

Without a formal identification of his body, I don't believe Al-Zarqawi is dead, anymore than his old boss is dead. That's either wishful thinking on Coalition's part or disinformatzia" and maskirovka. on the part of AQ and crew, while the nasty little tyke holes up and has shrapnel wounds treated.....

Le Chevre