Ramadan in Staffs?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by inbredyokel666, Jul 12, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Likewise. Why don't they just F ck off if they don't like it? The local authority idiots who came up with it should be sacked too.

2. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Sounds more like the fault of the schools rather than the MCB in this case; anyway children who have yet to reach the age of puberty are excused fasting, moreover the example of accidently swallowing water as cited in the above article is covered under Sawm, anything accidently ingested is forgiven as long as the person either fastidiously sticks to the fast for the remainder of the day, or, more often in the case of smoking or eating, adds a penalty day to the period of fasting.

The article says the MCB advises that Muslim pupils should not be disadvantaged in school activities, the actions of the schools in this case seem to be contradicting the advice of the MCB in my eyes. Hypersensitivity and ignorance strikes again.

3. One fecked up backward religion, Islamic States are available to live in so go!

4. Please stop...........
    This is clearly the fuckin idiots on the council and nothing to do with Muslims. Even when fasting water may be used to wet the mouth but should not normally be swallowed. There are also times when drinking is allowed. Blame the Pink wet liberals and not the Muslims!

5. Sod the Muslims, always causing trouble.

6. Same old shit, clueless council worthies putting themselves into the minds of others and deciding if they would be outraged if it were them and taking **** all notice of what the people actually think.

7. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Bugger me, they must have some interesting Council meetings! Check out the membership of the Stoke-on-Trent Council here:
    Your Councillors - Stoke-on-Trent City Council

They've got it all - 1 x Libertarian, 26 x Labour, 9 x City Independents, 8 x Tory, 6 x Non-Aligned, 4 x LibDems, 1 x Christian Independent, and 5 x BNP.

I can imagine meetings are an absolute riot. They probably introduce daft rules like this purely to piss off the BNP :)

8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

A couple of thoughts on this:

If a family's observance of Ramadan is that strict as to view accidental consumption as a bad thing, they are hardly likely to let their offspring go galavanting about in public in a swimming costume!

If the Council are so concerned that they suggest rescheduling swimming lessons, will they also be ceasing school lunches and the availability of refreshments during this period as well?

I doubt that this has anything to do with the Muslim community, but a lot more to do with bleeding heart local council do gooders who have no bloody idea what they are talking about!

9. I say if you gave this bunch (Stoke-on-Trent City Council) a couple bottles of Lambrini, with some buckfast and Omega Cider.the Council meetings would be more of a Ramadanadingdong!

[​IMG]

I'm Spartacus, and so is my wife.

10. If the BNP are switched on (unlikely) they would be proposing ideas like this to cause tension.

11. Nail -> head

12. I suggest no Islam between the beginning of Lent and Christmas.

13. This is crazy and is totally down to the council.

I live and work in the UAE, a moslem country. They have Christmas trees and Santa Claus with carols sung at Christmas, because they know we westerners do that. The shops are also full of Christmas decorations and stuff at Christmas. Midnight mass is celebrated at the local churches (Jesus is seen as a prophet in Islam and they have no problem with Christmas)

Non-Muslims can buy alcohol and pork at specially licenced shops albeit the opening hours are a little more restricted during Ramadan and the licencing hours of the licenced restaurants are more restricted during that period also.

At the Remembrance Sunday service in the local CofE church last November the Minister for Further Education and Science (educated in Somerset) donated £1m to the refurbishment of the Christian churches on behalf of Sheikh Khalifa the ruler of the UAE.

During Ramadan when Moslems cannot eat or drink between certain hours they dont ask that we do the same, but rather that we are discrete so as not to cause offence to those who are fasting. That is tolerance. Ramadan is a time for sacrifice for Moslems but here in a Moslem country they try not to affect too much the way we live, although there are naturally some restrictions as the predominant culture is the UAE culture.

The sort of rules being applied in Staffordshire are purely down to the council. The predominant culture that should prevail in our country should be the UK culture, that of our country, albeit whilst tipping a hat the Moslem habits as they do here with us.

The local people in Staffordshire should do what they do best and vote these idiots out at the next election for being cocks.