Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Ramadan a ding-dong

CHANNEL 4 yesterday said it will screen a Muslim call to prayer every day during Ramadan — so that they could get some cheap publicity and with any luck encounter a mong of the calibre of the chap who wants Britain to be 'bout British or his chum who finds symbols on microphones strangely distressing complaining about it so they can make a really cool & funny continuity broadcast.

The stupidity comes from organisations such as Channel 4 who pander to it in order to be seen to be embracing diversity.

If Islam was a smaller scale affair, it would be recognised for what it is - a mindless and invidious cult.

CHANNEL 4 yesterday said it will screen a Muslim call to prayer every day during Ramadan — so that they could get some cheap publicity and with any luck encounter a mong of the calibre of the chap who wants Britain to be 'bout British or his chum who finds symbols on microphones strangely distressing complaining about it so they can make a really cool & funny continuity broadcast.

^What he said.

the Guardian said:
The headline-grabbing move will see Channel 4 broadcast the three-minute call to prayer at about 3am for 30 days from the start of Ramadan on 9 July.

Source:
Channel 4 to air daily Muslim call to prayer during Ramadan | Media | guardian.co.uk

Looks like the muslims will have to set their alarms to be reminded about ramadan. Ironically.

I wish Ramadan was a blokes-only thing. There are some ******* lush-looking Arab women around here at the moment, it would be lovely if their husbands were otherwise occupied with holy-rolling for a month.

I'm fine with the peaceful religion's prayer/mumbo-jumbo caterwauling being aired live, just so long as the Channel 4 male newsreaders get circumcised live on air at Yom Kippur. Done the proper religious way of course - no anaesthetic.

Ethnic diversity and all that, can't be seen to be favouring one lot over the other.

I wish Ramadan was a blokes-only thing. There are some ******* lush-looking Arab women around here at the moment, it would be lovely if their husbands were otherwise occupied with holy-rolling for a month.
You duurteee bastard
egypt-p-037.3.jpg

If Islam was a smaller scale affair, it would be recognised for what it is - a mindless and invidious cult.

So, just like Christianity then?

A crap telly channel is showing something at 3 in the morning when most people are in bed anyway. Is that really worth getting worked up over.

There's plenty of shit on the tellybox that I don't want to watch. I've had this genius idea for avoiding getting upset by it.
I turn the channel over or even turn the telly off.
Crazy radical thinking, I know.

Sent in a harsh font, using finger paints

To suggest that the Muslim call to prayer was 'more relevant' than the Diamond Jubilee is going to doubly incense those who are going to be offended by the broadcast in the first place.

In addition, on the first day of Ramadan Channel 4 will interrupt programming four times during the day – to mark subsequent calls to prayer – with a 20-second film to remind viewers of the approaching prayer time.