Rallying to the flag (of David)?

#1
The sciences of genetics have for some time become a great debunker of myths and legend but they have also underpinned other historical claims and traditions. The timing of this article therefore is very interesting and makes a cynic like me (who likes to make vikings, turks, anglo saxons et al, have an other consideration) wonder about the timing. Can my favourite hobby be used for political means? I think it may be so. :(

Jews of the world unite?

"Jews worldwide share genetic ties"
 
#2
BrandySoured said:
"Jews worldwide share genetic ties"
In other news, academics claim the Pope is Catholic.

:omfg: Shock horror!!!!! :omfg:
 
#3
I wonder if bears really do crap in the woods. Maybe a genetic study.....
 
#4
I blame the vodka. I should have highlighted (more so) the timing of the article, what with all the bad press Israel is currently getting.
 
#5
BrandySoured said:
I blame the vodka. I should have highlighted (more so) the timing of the article, what with all the bad press Israel is currently getting.
Do you really want us to believe you've only just spotted that the pro-Isreal lobby has gone into overdrive trying to whip up support and sympathy to its cause?
 
#7
whitecity said:
BrandySoured said:
I blame the vodka. I should have highlighted (more so) the timing of the article, what with all the bad press Israel is currently getting.
Do you really want us to believe you've only just spotted that the pro-Isreal lobby has gone into overdrive trying to whip up support and sympathy to its cause?
Did you see the vodka reference?
 
#8
BrandySoured said:
whitecity said:
BrandySoured said:
I blame the vodka. I should have highlighted (more so) the timing of the article, what with all the bad press Israel is currently getting.
Do you really want us to believe you've only just spotted that the pro-Isreal lobby has gone into overdrive trying to whip up support and sympathy to its cause?
Did you see the vodka reference?
Mixed with brandysoured? No! :)
 
#9
Funny how some groups seem to see no problem in indulging in a bit of blood-and-soil rhetoric whilst (rightly) condemning other groups who do the same. Funny old world.
 
#10
Perhaps it's because Israel is the only democracy in that part of the world (unless of course you're Palestinian)
 
#11
Grapevine said:
They probably won't be shouting from the rooftops about their genetic connection to the dirty A-rabs.
Oh dear "But the study also found strong genetic ties to non-Jewish groups, with the closest genetic neighbours on the European side being Italians, and on the Middle Eastern side the Druze, Bedouin and Palestinians.".

There will be some long faces on some Italians Cardinals in the Vatican when they hear this.
 
#12
As long as that of the Hitler Jugend oik sitting on the throne of St Peter?

I don't think so, somehow. :twisted:

Tam
 
#13
I can't believe you actually read that. I got bored by line 3
 
#14
Personally, I think it's bollocks.

The most genetically distinct Jewish communities, compared both to other Jewish groups and to nearby non-Jews, were those from Iran and Iraq
.

I'd wager this chap:


and this bunch:



represent a considerably more distinct genetic heritage than anything the ME can offer.

Is it just me or is anyone else discomfited by the Jews - of all people - cleaving so strongly to the whole 'racial purity' thing?
 
#15
smartascarrots said:
Is it just me or is anyone else discomfited by the Jews - of all people - cleaving so strongly to the whole 'racial purity' thing?
:D

 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top