Raising the Tone

Discussion in 'Staff College and Staff Officers' started by seanbean, Jul 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know what's happened to this thread - was a time when it was a hotbed of cutting edge informed debate on matters auftragstaktik and the like...

Recently it's turned into a "love-in" for deserters to the Antipodes and the standard of bicycling at Shrivers. Anyway, in order to address matters:

"Fingerspitzen - alive or dead on todays modern, NEC battlefield? Discuss."

Hints: Vom Kriege. VI. [Needs to be read in the original german to fully understand and appreciate what Karl was on about].

....that should do it.
  2. Got an essay to write, have we?
  3. And I would also seriously question whether today's 'modern battlefield' could in any way be characterised as 'network enabled' before you start chuntering on about what some dead German wrote.
  4. Indeed. I've got lots of fingers to point at who's responsible too.
  5. ...of course, this is exactly the response I expected. Can't decide between Matthew 7:6 or Mark 4:5 - take your pick!
  6. ...and now I have this image of orderly rooms and padres the length and breadth of the Command being rung up and asked if they have a bible (up to date version with all the latest amendments).
  7. msr

msr LE

8. Rajab 1429 A.H
  9. Orderly Room - Havent heard that said for a long time, how long have you been out?
  10. Still in Grumpy - called it "orderly room" out of deference to some of the other members.... In my world it's now called an "iHub".
  11. Surely "FingerspitzenGEFUEHL"? Not sure what fingertips in themselves have to do with it- unless it's about touch screens...
  12. May I just say? Killy sunt.
  13. No need to ask permission Panda - it's all quite informal here...
  14. And I thought the intention was to raise the tone - shame!
  15. Is our current training preparing us (The British Army) for 'A war' or 'The War'?