Raising the Dead

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by longlivethequeen, Jul 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

If you had the chance to bring back one of History’s greatest who would you bring back and why.

I would go for Churchill as I feel he would at least stick up for the UK & tell all the doom and gloom merchants to take a running jump.
  2. Michael Jackson............obviously!
  3. Guy Fawkes.

Needed more than ever now !!
  4. Lazurus.
  5. George Orwell . It'd be interesting to read his views on the war against terrorism
  6. Henry V -- he died at the most inconvinient time, just as the frogs were willing to hand him over the crown on the death of their own (sickly) King, who in the event only out lived Henry by 2 bloody months! With today's modern medicines, Henry'd not die of dysentry as he did the first time -- he could merrily have another crack at France, and finish where he left off last time.
  7. The prophet mohammed, and get him to explain to his people, why they have his ideals all wrong.

Followed very closely by Jesus, so he could sort out the west bank situaion.

And then, Ghengis Kahn, so he could do a number on the local area and all countries ending in the word "Stan"

And if I had the time, a quick recall for King Henry the VIII, he could then do away with elected governance, and we wouldnt be in the shite state we are now.
  8. Jade Goody.

No seriously hear me out. When she was alive and healthy she was hated with a passion. As soon as she fell ill she was worshipped like a Goddess.

I would like to see if her "fans" still loved her when she went back to doing what she did best.
  9. Alexander the Great.

Give him an army, take him to Afghanistan and tell him:

"Alex - these Taliban guys called you a POOF!"

Sit back and watch the fun. :twisted:
  10. First choice, Enoch Powell, the greatest Prime Minister we never had.

Second choice... Sir Arthur Bomber Harris so that we could utilise his excellent skills on some of our inner cities..
  11. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Oliver Reed. And it's his bloody round!
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I agree, Churchill, a soldiers soldier who went on to be everything most of us would ever want to be.

While he had his faults, lets be honest, the man was legend.
  13. Freddy Mercury, cos i never got to see Queen live!
  14. Me. I died last week, and it's bloody boring.

Or possibly I just went to Chester... It's hard to tell.