Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by whiteknight, Feb 9, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Combat Stress need your help guys and dolls. Not only do they need £2.5M per year to keep up their superb welfare, respite and counselling services but they need an extra £1.0M to upgrade Hollybush House in Scotland and £400,000 to build an Occupational Therapy Centre in Shropshire. Last friday they signed an exclusive agreement with Euphony Communications www.euphony.com. If you want to find out how you can save on your phones and donate £20 to Combat Stress during February then go to www.pet-id-club.net and select Pet Talk. This will give you all the info you need. Download the form and send it back via Freepost. Want to make some money as well as helping then send me an e mail. Thanks for your time.
  2. I can't see any reference to Combat Stress only pet charities...is it me or is it the link? :?
    Is there a paypal donation link we can click on so we can donate oodles of cash? Or maybe the CO's would like to collect our donations (marked Combatstress) through our arrse paypal and forward the total from all of us at arrse :?: :D
    All the best with your fundraising efforts 8)
  3. Euphony, Dont they do some sort of piramid selling?
  4. sure this ain't a scam i cant see any reference to Combat stress anywhere and the other is pets charities
  5. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

6. Hey guys

Thanks for the sensible responses. We have checked into this with Combat Stress (as it did seem a rather unusual set-up) and it is genuine. Here is what they had to say:

'The short answer to your question is yes, Combat Stress is currently setting up a cause related marketing initiative with Euphony that will raise funds to support our work. This is an increasingly common way for charities to work with companies, you have probably purchased goods or services that have generated a donation to a nominated charity. A good example might be the purchase of Persil products during the run up to Comic Relief last year. We hope to raise £5,000 this way.'

They add that the promotion of the scheme has not started and that is why the sites are not ready. They should be up and running within a week or so. Alternatively, as Cutaway says, you can donate direct.
  7. Delighted to provide you with more info. I retired in 1993 having served 23 years. In 1996 had a little "wobble". In 1998 had a total mental breakdown. Picked up for treatment by Combat Stress and have attended their Shropshire facility 3 times a year since. Hard work but am now a different person. They have given me my life back and I am totally focussed on raising the required funds. I was introduced to the Euphony opportunity in 1999 and since then as my health has improved so has my business. I now have 896 people in my organisation in 5 countries and now get paid on over 2,000 people using the phone every month. I have now progressed through our promotion plan such that I am now one of only 5 people at my level in the UK. I use my bonuses to benefit worthy causes and disadvantaged individuals. Hence the tie up with Combat Stress. This has taken me 3 years and 8 months to acheive due to the Client / Staff dilema. This has now been overcome and we look forward to raising a significant sum purely by recommending a service that saves our subscriber 20% on any of the UK Residential BT services.
  8. Thanks for that whiteknight.
    Fantastic to hear such a positive story.
    I wish you every success in all your endeavours.

Dare to Excel :!: