Raising a sunken boat.

Will that work under water? H2O and the devils magic do not usually mix
Petrol chainsaw and a rope attached to a tow hook to pull it higher every so often. I'm sure whatever method is used the Emperor will be stood nearby watching with enthusiastic interest.

In the picture it looks like it has a periscope. Maybe it was meant to look like that?

Well you won't catch me at the sales this year, as I haven't got a boat

truck tyre inner tubes and a portable compressor.
Inner tubes inflated inside cabin until enough water is displaced, large polystyrene blocks will help fill the space to

'The sea surrenders' by Captain W.R.Fell RN may be helpful to you. Here's a snippet:

“I left and went to see how things were doing in Portland Harbour. The flak-ship Foylebank, of approximately 6'000 tons deadweight had been sunk during the early years of the war at an important berth in the fleet anchorage. She was in 90 feet of water and lying on most of her damage which was largely situated in the after end. It was impossible to patch her up and lift her in one piece so it had been decided to cut her in half and then try. My predecessor had got the fore end away but the after end was not so easy. When I saw it a gale was whipping short, steep seas across Portland Harbour and it was breaking in showers of spray over the wreck whose upper deck was just above the surface. It was a dismal sight.

On board compressors were running on the highest point of the wreck, supplying four divers with air. They were down in the engine room, the fore end of which was wide open and under water. On deck a party of men was rigging derricks over No's 4 & 8 hatches.

The holds were one great litter of rotting stores (for her complement of300 men) ammunition and the odd German bomb that had failed to go off We had to clear the ballast, the mud, the stores, and bombs to make the wreck seaworthy.

The coastal salvage vessel 'Kinbrace' was tackling the job and I saw that her crew were really not adequate to the task confronting them. After much trouble I persuaded the Admiralty to let us take on an emergency salvage party of 10 men. Lighters, and barges carrying empty oil drums were brought in an filled with mud which was then taken clear and dumped back into the harbour. Gerry Ransome, an expert burner, who was cutting down the superstructure, let out a yell one day and came running out. "What's the trouble Gerry?", I inquired, and he replied, "Nothing really, I just found that instead of dead steel I was burning into live shells and you might get someone to shift them. " "Not to worry, if they didn't go off then they wont now", I told him."

I saw a film once where they sealed the hold hatch with canvas and tar and pumped the water out using compressors.

The also managed to use landing craft to tow her into harbour

On a more serious note, unless your plan is to lift the bed out with a crane you’ll have to seal the hole from below the water. Please be f*cking careful if you’re trying that by yourself.
"Away All Boats"