Raising a loan

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by bazbo, Apr 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A serious question and not on the scrounge.

I desperately need to move for reasons of health and sanity. This is not going to be cheap as I'm quite unable to do much for myself so it's going to have to be mostly backhanders for the work.
    I'm not really in a position to put my hand in my pocket at the moment but the move is desperately needed. I have found a property to rent that is extremely well suited to my needs.
    The serious question is. Does anybody know where I can raise finance from. Unfortunately Banks are not forthcoming at the moment and applying for loans and not getting them will damage an otherwise excellent credit score.
    I can afford to pay off loans and finance.
    No lame answers please looking for serious suggestions.

2. The ones I do business with are very forthcoming at the moment, they seem quite keen to lend. You could try the AA-they proved the cheapest last but-one time. My most recent one was with Barclays (you don't need to be a customer). Check out www.moneysavingexpert.com for the best current deals.

3. I agree, my bank just called me in to tell me they have authorised me two new credit cards, I was somewhat surprised as I had not requested them!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by you can't do much for yourself but if you are disabled then there are charities and I'm sure Social Services will be able to help. What area do you live in? Perhaps there's an ARRSER in your area with a van who'd be willing to help out.

4. Try Tesco's. Record profits this year for them.