Raise a glass to the jocks at camp dogwood??

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Agent_Smith, Nov 5, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys (and gals)

Most of you will probabbly be on the piss this weekend, so as a mark of respect can i ask you all to raise a glass for the guys at camp dogwood who lost their lives yesterday (and of course to the guys who are injured and recuperating in hospital)

Heres to them! :cry:

agent smith

PS this one also goes out to all the guys still their and preying that they all make it home to spend christmas with their loved ones. Good luck guys, you deserve it.
  2. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

With you on that one A_S.

I hope the next glass is to all the lads in the Regt coming home to their families intact.
  3. With you on this one. More than a single glass will be raised this evening and again on the 11th
  4. RTFQ

I'll be making it a large scotch with a McEwan's chaser.

An inbedded journo on the BBC Lunchtime news made mention of a young BW pl comd taking his patrol out this morning in Tam'a shanters (sorry for spelling) and on foot. He explained to the lads that they had to meet the locals and get them onside - and that they couldn't do that from a Warrior. He went on to say that not all the locals were the enemy and that they were there to do a job no matter what.

Made me very proud to wear the same uniform and very guilty that I'm behind a desk back here.

To absent friends...
  5. Fair play to that jock p/c. That takes big cajones from him and his jocks too.

Therein lies the fundamental difference between UK and US troops.

'Courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualities..because it is the quality that guarantees all others...' WSC.

Not a one for sentiment, but I'll raise my first beer tonight to the memory of those jocks and others.