Rainbow Six - Siege, anyone?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Had always looked at it, never really been fussed but grabbed it for the PC on sale the other day on Steam and holy mother of ****.

What a brilliant, tactical, fun, dynamic, always different game.

Anyone else got it for the PC who might want to back me up?*

* I'm shit at it.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
My son loves this game but tbh I hate it. And no, you can't borrow him to improve your game stats.

The kids (read: The Mrs) bought a couple of the Rainbow 6 games as an xmas pressie for me. Couldn't get into it at all, I think they are still somewhere on a book shelf.

Seeing as you are obviously impressed I shall have a look at their website to see if the realism/quality has changed.

Had always looked at it, never really been fussed but grabbed it for the PC on sale the other day on Steam and holy mother of ****.

What a brilliant, tactical, fun, dynamic, always different game.

Anyone else got it for the PC who might want to back me up?*

* I'm shit at it.
Me, @takemedrunkimhome and @shifty j2 are on now but on the Xbox Master Console.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Unfortunately not. It's a laugh when there's a team of you.
It's really addictive. I've been saying 'one more round's for the last three hours.

It's really addictive. I've been saying 'one more round's for the last three hours.
I've found that on my own when the rest of the team aren't communicating, it's quite boring. I think I prefer the 64 player multiplayer of Battlefield 4 - probably because there are vehicles - tanks - which I'm better at.

Graphics look mustard - but I couldn't help noticing something possibly prophetic...

12-02-2019 02-35-43.jpg

Mr Happy

LE
I’m a fan of the PS4 version if anyone wants to team up. My issue with the game are as follows (a) my old tired eyes can’t detect the five pixels of an opposing player waiting to blast me (b) other players don’t communicate though there seems to be plenty of folk on mics heavy breathing or worse chatting in Jibba jabba to each other (c) A high speed storming rarely works due to speed of movement isn’t realistic (d) team killing for slights needs a vote-down button to punish alternative (e) team kills where the dick runs in front of your rounds needs to be managed (f) getting voted out occasionally for no reason.

Nevertheless, I get MVP every few games so must be doing something right..

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Hmm. I have tried this a few times but never really got into it - i'm not a fan of PvP games generally with a few exceptions.
I think part of the issue is that I compare it back to the original R6 games, when you had to plan the assault first and co-ordinate it. The R6 Vegas games are great, but weren't the same.

I can play a few rounds of it then have to move on as I find it quite repetetive.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
I loved Rogue Spear on the PC. The AI in that was damn hard.

I would but I'm shit at online FPS games. I have been playing the STALKER series for far too long to be comfortable charging round in the open, blatting off rounds, and yelling "die, die, DIE!", for if you do that in the Zone, a Blind Dog will eat you. And that's highly embarrassing.

That is why I have sort of trained to just hang back and ping away at scrotes with heavy calibre sniper rifles as much as possible playing any FPSs.

Mr Happy

LE
I have to admit, I am a fan of allowing the kids to make entry in R6-S whilst I spot with the drones. It is particularly useful tactic when drinking tea with biscuits in the Real World.

Daxx

MIA
Book Reviewer
As it's on sale, I have bought it for my steam. I'll dl'd it laterz.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's a free weekend on Steam. Give it a try!