Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Rainbow Flags outside RHQ?

Agree in this decision?

• Total voters

sunster

Swinger
I'm absolutely shocked at seeing the "Rainbow" flag at full mast outside of a RHQ and also a Brigade HQ.
Its not because I'm homophobic, prejudice or a dinosaur, I just believe that the flags flown in these prestigious locations have been hard earned and represent something everyone believes in.
Flags or Colors have been flown for years and have been bitterly and loyally defended and hard earned.
Having served in a Country where flags are a contentious issue, where the Union Flag has been taken down except for designated days, should the Military be flying an LGBT flag for a whole week?
I'm happy for folks to go ahead and live their lives, but I'm not so happy for it to be shown to me.
I've never seen or heard of a Heterosexual flag?
After seeing numerous comments on Social media from members of the LGBT community, it seems that the general consensus is not positive.
And I'm very surprised that a quick search on these forums didn't result in the topic already debated heavily.
I do hope you don't read this and think that I'm not accepting of others or trying to stir up some trouble, that's not the case. I am genuinely shocked at this decision and would like to hear more about other peoples opinions.

I'm absolutely shocked at seeing the "Rainbow" flag at full mast outside of a RHQ and also a Brigade HQ.
Its not because I'm homophobic, prejudice or a dinosaur, I just believe that the flags flown in these prestigious locations have been hard earned and represent something everyone believes in.
Flags or Colors have been flown for years and have been bitterly and loyally defended and hard earned.
Having served in a Country where flags are a contentious issue, where the Union Flag has been taken down except for designated days, should the Military be flying an LGBT flag for a whole week?
I'm happy for folks to go ahead and live their lives, but I'm not so happy for it to be shown to me.
After seeing numerous comments on Social media from members of the LGBT community, it seems that the general consensus is not positive.
And I'm very surprised that a quick search on these forums didn't result in the topic already debated heavily.
I do hope you don't read this and think that I'm not accepting of others or trying to stir up some trouble, that's not the case. I am genuinely shocked at this decision and would like to hear more about other peoples opinions.

Why are you ranting here when you should be directing your anger at those who offended you to the extreme by daring to change the flag being flown without consulting you.

II just believe that the flags flown in these prestigious locations have been hard earned and represent something everyone believes in.

I'd say the gayers have earned and fought hard for their flag too.

Alan Turing springs to mind; he saved countless lives, yet was persecuted for being gay, chemically castrated and ended up committing suicide.

I personally think it's quite sweet that the Rainbow flag is flying over RHQ. What regiment is it, just out of piss-taking interest?

I'd say the gayers have earned and fought hard for their flag too.

Alan Turing springs to mind; he saved countless lives, yet was persecuted for being gay, chemically castrated and ended up committing suicide.

I personally think it's quite sweet that the Rainbow flag is flying over RHQ. What regiment is it, just out of piss-taking interest?
RLC

Did you actually ask anyone in RHQ about it, or were you too busy logging onto here?

Darth Gaydar.jpg

I can remember a time (early 90s) when the Union Flag was not flown outside the guardroom of Cavalry Bks, Hounslow for fear of upsetting the local population.

Edit to add: our local nick flies both a rainbow flag and that of the EU, not a Union/Welsh flag nor a constabulary one to be seen. Right on!!!!