Rain stops play

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Parky_boy, Jul 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Although you can obtain a full refund. See the Air Tattoo site for more info.
  2. Mmmmmmmmm Cancelled late friday night..
    About to set off this morning with the kids... when I got a call from a mate giving me heads up!!..

They had stopped sales of tickets on the 'doors' Thursday..
    they were £45 FFS (even dick turpin wore a mask!!)

They argued they didn't want a deluge of spectators on the sunnier of the two days (no chance there!..but anyway..)
    so they implimented a number of rules...
    - £10 extra if you just tipped up on the day
    therefor if you 'booked a ticket through ticketmaster for the Saturday in April and that's the rainy of the two days - tough Sh*t!!

Traffic is an issue...
    We had a BBQ while the hordes queued for miles and got streight out last year (8.30pm'ish)
  3. I saw about 15 typhoons in formation over Malvern on Friday, I guess that was a dry run for the event that didn't actually happen.

Pretty impressive and free!
  4. Friday saw the presentation of the RAF's new colours, and went ahead - see the middle photo in salforddude's link - in less than splendid weather. That's what the Typhoon formation was for.
  5. Yep real shame, but thought We'd have a day out any way so went the The Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds. Cracking place,Awsome collection(Quality and Quantity) Very Impressed.
    Been meaning to go for yonks, glad I finally made it!
  6. For all those gutted at missing Fairford...........................

Heres what you could of won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

Enjoy, It was pretty special.

Vulcan at Waddington

:D :D :D
  7. Naaa Can't beat the mighty roar of the Gazelle :roll: