Rail Warrants & Wives

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by robre, Jun 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One of my lads has been invited (invited adressed to SSgt & Mrs XXX) to Whitehall to collect an prize at the Soldier Photographic Competition Awards. Can his wife travel on the Rail Warrants aswell? :?

2. I know some warrants given for awards have in the past have been first class irrespective of rank, but it's been a long time since I ever heard of this happening. If it's a first class ticket then she can only travel in second, but is entitled to first class snacks ect, but her husband has to take them through. She can get an upgrade, but it's a complex business depending on which rail provider they are using and to be honest it's not far of the full fare. Even then, she won't be able to use the first class lounge at the station. Kings Cross has some seats just outside the lounge but I don't think Paddington has.

If it's a second class then he can sit anywhere, but Wife Of can only occupy backwards facing seats. I think that's terribly unfair and you'd have to be a hard-hearted son-of-a-bitch inspector to enforce that rule.

3. only if the serving member is away on tour i think. not quite up to date with the agc.
    still you can always ask your agc clarks.

4. She certainly can. The warrant just needs annotating to show that she is travelling. Leave and Movements clerk should sort it.

5. Many thanks for your help guys! Much appreciated. :D

6. No problem.

7. I think you will find that these rules only applied to indian born wives of serving officers during the Raj