Rage Anyone?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by Zarathustra, Oct 16, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone played Rage yet?

I've read some of the reviews online and have had a butchers at some of the gameplay videos on youtube and the like and it looks quite good. Has anyone got it yet, and if so would you recommend it?

It is apparently a FPS with some racing and elements of an RPG thrown in and appears to have quite a Fallout style about it.
  2. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I agree it looks quite interesting, but I've heard it get a bit of a slating. Got too many other games on my plate at the minute to warrant investing in this as well, unfortunately.
  3. Awesome game. Very much like Fallout - only better
  4. I thought it was ok-ish. It's nothing like as good as Doom or Quake, ie it isn't a new absolute best game ever, but it's ok. It's rather like Borderlands/Red Faction/Fallout in feel but the world is much smaller than something like Just Cause 2, and appears to be much more linear in feel. The racing is odd as it's almost like a mini-game and doesn't (to me anyway) seem to have much connection with the main business of the game.

It's a good waste of a few hours and does look lovely but not as good as it's made out to be.
  5. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

How is an action FPS with vehicle combat anything like Fallout, bar the setting?
  6. Feck, didn't see this was on the gaming page, thought you were on about great music for a minute!