RAF's Sentinel relocates to Gioia del Colle

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. That's nice; aeroplane takes off from one place, and lands at another. HOTAC?
  3. I relocated my arse too, what about you CB?
  4. Relocating my arse in about 20 mins, if the ******* helicopter pitches-up.
  5. I wonder, were they staying in hotels in Cyprus, or on base ..... just asking, like.
  6. the horror, the horror.
  7. Wonder if the ski lifts are one the map yet....
  8. Nice food in the area around Gioia del Colle, good beaches and leisure facilities too..

The weather tomorrow in Gioia del Colle is a very pleasant 65 with blazing sunshine.
  9. That would be the planes which are getting re-located to the scrapyard shortly?
  10. Those are indeed the self same very expensive and gucchi ones.

On the plus side, the former pilots, being type approved on a top of the range corporate business jet, will have good outside employment opportunities when they get booted.
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I'm amazed that the RAF feel the need to publicise the movement of their aircraft during an operational tour.

I presume OpSec means **** all to whichever over-promoted fuckwit decided to release the story?

(and yes, I know in the grand scheme of things this isn't a massive breach of OpSec but we must surely have some kind of limit on what the RAF Cuts Prevention team are allowed to release?).
  12. Thats nice MOD RSS, at least you know were they are when its time to cut that particular squadron.
  13. I think I will take a trip to Ban Houy Keo this afternoon to watch the village girls swimming in the river.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

The unasked question is - why did they move, with only a bit of 'war' left? Answer: 'cos the ungrateful Eyetie bastards demanded their airport back to make money from - yes, even more than they were making from putting up the Crabs in local hotels.

If I were the MOD, I'd not want this publicised - it hardly shows the 'Allies' working in harmony.
  15. I'll admit that I get things wrong occasionally, but isn't that backwards? They are relocating from Cyprus to an Italian airfield, not leaving an Italian airfield. I suspect it’s a money saying measure to consolidate the RAF at one airfield instead of being spread out. Saves on logistic support items like comms etc. I also supect that there might be a little beddown space now available, as some allies are leaving.