RAF's newest transport aircraft named Atlas

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I wonder if it will actually fly this year, or whether it will sit on the ground as usual, surrounded by embarrassed RAF Media Ops and Airbus PR teams.
  3. Not Grizzly then.
  4. They had a formation of 5 of them over France last month.

Anything for a photo opportunity for les frogs.
  5. They should have called it Nelly the elephant, but then again this thing has already being involved in a circus.
  6. Would this be the same ATLAS name that was announced last year?

Nice to see MOD is saving money by recycling press announcements.

Coming next week, MOD-rss announces that the Battle Britain has begun.
  7. And its announced a few days after the AAC is shrunk, bastard crabs.....:sunny:
  8. fu2

fu2 LE

How much is the price on the contract and how much will we really be paying ?
  9. I worked on Hercs in 1970, fourty odd years is not bad so maybe its time they got replaced, excellent kite though.
  10. Enough to replace all our Hercs on a one for one basis, and still have enough wonga left over to buy another Sqn of C17's.
  11. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

too expensive to send anywhere for risk of getting damaged and the c17 is more capable so once again another RAF procurement success.

sorry did I say RAF I meant BAE
  12. I did like the comment about 'showing how we can work with our European partners to deliver etc etc'. Deliver what? An overpriced late project?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Wordsmith

Wordsmith LE Book Reviewer

Atlas carried the world on his shoulders.

Does this imply that we can only afford a single aircraft and it will have to carry the entire burden of supply?

14. Shoulders - Fitted for, but not with.
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

do they come as part of tranche 2?