RAF weapons in Afghanistan...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by blonde_guy, Apr 19, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. WTF? Is that a fag pouch???

edited to say - does that bloke at the centre back look like he's got down syndrome to anyone else?!?!
  2. No its for carrying the keys for their hotel rooms!!!!!!
  3. it looks like a catcher for empty cases that the walts use for their blank firers. Like you said though, stupid place for them to be, what possible purpose have they got?

Maybe its a case of 'if I keep my purse with my rifle, I wont lose either!'
  4. I saw loads of support trades in the American Army use these single mag pouches on the butts of there M16's,
    I reckon these RAF losers saw them and thought "why not, maybe i'll look really cool with one on my 80", but i cant see the rifle working very well with it on, however have the RAF needed to actually fired a shot in Iraq? dunno
  5. But look at the at the mlarrring spakka at the back!!!
  6. Saw some of them in Iraq, a TA lad that was with us swore by his! Even though we banned him from using it. Think they're supposed to go on your foregrip somehow. Gay idea anyway!

Need a mag? Use a pocket or take your webbing!
  7. I now realise why i didn't join the RAF.

What fools.
  8. Yeah back center & back far left look like they both have a touch of Downs.
  9. They can't be firemen (although they are fat enough). If they were, they'd no doubt be mincing about in their "Right Said Fred" string vests which, IIRC, is the only shirt issued to them.
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Probably fitted to catch the spent cases so they dont end up lying on the taxiway & get sucked into a intake of a taxying Tornado.
    Most likly some JENGO seen them in C&S mag & got the squippers to knock them up.They're probably on guard duty as well.
  11. The large version can hold 3 Ginster's pastys. The standard version (shown here) can either hold 2 Clark's pies or a block of lard.
  12. RAF firefighters dont do guards, thats what they have raf police for lol
  13. everybody has got them- mags in pockets = lost mags, holes in trousers and dust. Normal people attatch them to their belts and would be babooned if they put them on their weapons. RAF don't really count as a military component - i've seen them cutting about in cut off desert trousers with no tops on in the afternoon heat. unbelievably chippy.
  14. RAF Police don't do guards either!