RAF Uxbridge finally closing down

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by skintboymike, Mar 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. After all the speculation, chinese whispers and rumours, we've finally recieved the first official warning that the process of closing the camp down has begun. I, along with all the other residents inside the wire, received a letter yesterday outlining what will happen over the coming 18 months. We are being told to find new quarters, with a view to having everyone out by around the middle of next year (ish).

This will be a slow, painful, drawn out affair, mainly because there are many families who currently live around Northolt who must be moved out of their quarters (those who work at Northwood, Hounslow, etc) to create room for all of us who work at RAF Northolt. With approximately 160 families requiring housing, and very few houses available at present, it's going to be an absolute nightmare for some, and in some cases a few tears, no doubt.

I'd just like to say good luck to everyone who's having to up sticks and move yet again, possibly only for a few months in some cases (me included :( ).