RAF units to remain at Scampton

Ministry of Defence said:
It has been announced that RAF Scampton is to remain the base for the RAF Aerobatic Team (RAFAT) - also known as the Red Arrows - and the RAF's Air Surveillance and Control System (ASACS).

More...

C

cloudbuster

......and some MPGS to guard the dog-who-dare-not-be-named's grave.

PS; it isn't next to 617's former hangar. It was dumped in a landfill site over the other side of the airfield.

It is a double bluff. The article says that Scampton is not closing but then goes on to say that they will resurface the runway. That's usually a precursor to closure.

Good stuff, just been on the local news news too.
Staying 'til atleast the end of the decade. The locals do love having a free air show everyday, although the local rugrats are now so blase about them, they don't bat an eyelid.

Good I like to know where things are.

Now, where did I put that cross head screw driver?

Good use of taxpayers money then, resurfacing both runways just so 9 ego-dicks do not have to move 12 miles across Lincoln.
Nothing to do then with the fact that when RAFAT rehearse they close the airfield for approx 30 mins a time, several times a day? Here's an idea, why don't they base somewhere close (let's call it Cranwell) and head off to practice over Scampton? All the stuff that's required to support them could commute daily. Oh, hang on, we tried that once, and guess what, its cheaper to base at Scampton.
Happy to see quality banter about the RAF, but that, frankly, was quite turd.

Nothing to do then with the fact that when RAFAT rehearse they close the airfield for approx 30 mins a time, several times a day? Here's an idea, why don't they base somewhere close (let's call it Cranwell) and head off to practice over Scampton? All the stuff that's required to support them could commute daily. Oh, hang on, we tried that once, and guess what, its cheaper to base at Scampton.
Happy to see quality banter about the RAF, but that, frankly, was quite turd.
Would you care for a scented tissue to mop your dripping quim?

ugly

LE
To misquote Al Murray, "the RAF, its a bit shit really!"

It wasn't banter anyway, my fat friend, it is an example of what happens when you have Fast Jet pilots in charge of budgets. Now if you'll excuse me, I have some austerity savings to make by scrapping flying suits for anyone who hasn'teven left the earth in the last twelve years. Like 87.94% of the RAF "Aircrew".
I can see The Sun headlines now: "Pilots in charge of air force shock!" You obviously seem to find it strange that the RAF would be staffed by aircrew. Whilst your on your savings drive, can you scrap the issue of PCS for the significant (may not be 87.94% but you'll undoubtedly know best) percentage of the Army that don't go into the field.

ugly

LE
But every soldier is trained to fight, the RAF are all trained to Ninja level on JPA I assume?

But every soldier is trained to fight, the RAF are all trained to Ninja level on JPA I assume?
Fair one that a minority of the Service operate in its prime medium, which always provides an interesting dynamic. Granted that all members of the Army are taught some soldiering skills, but the 'every man a soldier' mantra just doesn't bear scrutiny, if indeed it ever did.

C

cloudbuster

Fair one that a minority of the Service operate in its prime medium, which always provides an interesting dynamic. Granted that all members of the Army are taught some soldiering skills, but the 'every man a soldier' mantra just doesn't bear scrutiny, if indeed it ever did.
Really?

Latest Threads