RAF units to remain at Scampton

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Jun 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. ......and some MPGS to guard the dog-who-dare-not-be-named's grave.

PS; it isn't next to 617's former hangar. It was dumped in a landfill site over the other side of the airfield.
  3. So in the news, an RAF unit does nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. This subject has already been debated ad nauseum on PPRuNe - I am sure that someone will post the relevant link; frankly, I can't be bothered.
  5. It is a double bluff. The article says that Scampton is not closing but then goes on to say that they will resurface the runway. That's usually a precursor to closure.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Good stuff, just been on the local news news too.
    Staying 'til atleast the end of the decade. The locals do love having a free air show everyday, although the local rugrats are now so blase about them, they don't bat an eyelid.
  7. Good news for Scampton and I get to watch them practice while I stuff my face at lunch!
  8. Good I like to know where things are.

Now, where did I put that cross head screw driver?
  9. Nothing to do then with the fact that when RAFAT rehearse they close the airfield for approx 30 mins a time, several times a day? Here's an idea, why don't they base somewhere close (let's call it Cranwell) and head off to practice over Scampton? All the stuff that's required to support them could commute daily. Oh, hang on, we tried that once, and guess what, its cheaper to base at Scampton.
    Happy to see quality banter about the RAF, but that, frankly, was quite turd.
  10. [​IMG]

Well I'm pleased to hear this news!
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Would you care for a scented tissue to mop your dripping quim?
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Nigel is that you?
  13. The quality gets even better!
  14. Grab yourself a soup spoon my friend, you have pulled.
    • Like Like x 1

15. Nah, I'm his Ozzie mate Digger.