RAF Typhoons return from Libya operations

Ministry of Defence said:
After six months and one day supporting the UK mission over Libya as part of Operation ELLAMY, RAF Typhoons have left Gioia del Colle in Italy and returned to the UK.

More...

Are these the ones who weren't sent home early for being naughty?

When are the Harriers going in?

Tucano strikes me as a good platform for counter insurgency work so why are we not swallowing our pride and providing a platform that seems to me (a mere layman when it comes to all things airpower) to be suited to the ground support role? Better than a US thing that buggers (melts) up carrier decks and is how many year behind schedule?

Hats off to our Danish friends, too:

The Times 29 Sep 2011 said:
Denmark’s armed forces have had almost as much success in Libya as the RAF and the Royal Navy, The Times can reveal. A strike force of four Danish jets has hit almost as many targets in Libya as all of Britain’s much larger contingent of warplanes and ships...

Denmark’s six F16 jets — two are kept in reserve — have hit 913 targets since the campaign began in March. Britain’s 16 Tornado jets, four Typhoon fighters and a unit of Apache attack helicopters, as well as at least two Royal Navy warships, hit 970...

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Tucano strikes me as a good platform for counter insurgency work so why are we not swallowing our pride and providing a platform that seems to me (a mere layman when it comes to all things airpower) to be suited to the ground support role? Better than a US thing that buggers (melts) up carrier decks and is how many year behind schedule?
We're not buying the B varient any longer, we're getting the C version.