RAF Typhoons move to Northolt for Olympics

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

bad planning by the raf that is. I thought the idea was to run a constant fly over pattern from cyprus? northolt is for the executive jets.

3. Are they competing?

4. They might be competing on how many local residents they can wake up when they take off. RAF Northolt is completely surrounded by residential area's. Another mile and a half would see them out of the residential area's disturbing just the sheep etc.

There must be an RAF base somewhere close to London where they can provide proper cover without rattling everybodies window panes every time they wanna go for a jaunt?

5. (RAE as was) Farnborough, but the air show is on soon and airyplanes with real bullets might be a problem. About 2 minute response time to London Waterloo at Mach 1.5, if the M3/South Circular is clear.

6. Will we be releasing a story about the TA turning up for duties at the Oympics?

• Like Like x 1
  7. "Will we be releasing a story about the TA turning up for duties at the Oympics?"

Yep, if any of them turn up.

8. MUst be a better class of hotel in the area ....

9. My brother will be well pleased! He lives just across from the gate.:shakefist:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Depends if they can find Bravo Bravo, he's been very quiet since they announced using the TA.

• Like Like x 1

11. Has he got a bratty van he could set up outside the gates and do a bomb.

12. That might upset security ....

13. I think you'll find that, due to cuts, the Northolt Typhoons are fitted for but not with aviation fuel. I think sidewinders can be fired from the ground though so if Air bin Laden gets within a few miles of the airfield, they'll be stuffed.

14. Anyone who buys a house next to an active RAF Airfield and then complains about the noise that military aircraft make is a ******* idiot anyway. Therefore any complaints they make should be filed in b1n.

15. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Wonder if they kicked up a stink in 1940 when the Spifires went roaring over their houses.