RAF Tornados hit Taliban bombers

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 23, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I have an image of daring air-to-air combat with Taliban Tupolevs and Ilyushins .....
    • Like Like x 8
  3. In other news. Forward Air Controller does his job
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Is it only the RAF that is allowed to go on strike?
  5. Well, the military isn't so that doesn't really include the RAF.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Well fast air wise it is, considering the Fleet air arm is pretty much impotent now.
  7. Typhoon carrying 18 Brimstone in future, tasty.
    On the other hand, Brimstone costs approx 175,000 GBP, why didnt the FAC just sneak up and Bayonet the cnut the lazy cnut? Seems a little excessive for our budget.
  8. A2_Matelot

A2_Matelot LE Book Reviewer

Oooo, I like the cut of your jib - we need to put an man from MoD in the loop! FAC and FJ have a short conversation about ordnance required (danger close, all get a little too tasty) and man from MoD cuts in "err, say again FAC, 1000 lbs paveway for 3 x taliban armed with rifles?? No, no, won't do, I can give you say 60 rounds of 30mm on a quick strafe run. Come back in an hour if that didn't do the trick, I'll be back from Efi then!"

"oh and I need a photograph of the badgers too, sort of receipt, toodle pip"
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Napalm is fairly cheap, bit of avgas, and some gelling agent in a aerodynamic dustbin.
    Hmmm...Taliban Toast. Too bad it's outlawed now.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Minor details...

What was it the bloke in fight club said? You can make napalm if mix equal parts gasoline and orange juice concentrate? **** that actually, with the price of petrol it'll soon be cheaper to drop Brimstone on them.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Can I be the first to say that it would have been cheaper and better to use a Harrier?

And that the Navy would have done this with less self congratulation and advertising?

Thank you
  12. I dont get all the love of harriers, although i know your joking.

Do the harriers get a discount everytime they drop a bomb, as there so cool to watch taking off? Or do the pilots, parts, fuel and groundcrew just get paid less? Either way harrier was a raf thing to.
  13. msr

msr LE

Got to hand it to him for the tour tache though:

Attached Files:

14. Given that HM's Forces do not pay taxes on fuel, or indeed anything, napalm is a very frugal system.
  15. What do you mean TOUR tache? He is a pilot, man!