RAF Tornados hit Taliban bombers

I have an image of daring air-to-air combat with Taliban Tupolevs and Ilyushins .....

Typhoon carrying 18 Brimstone in future, tasty.
On the other hand, Brimstone costs approx 175,000 GBP, why didnt the FAC just sneak up and Bayonet the cnut the lazy cnut? Seems a little excessive for our budget.

A2_Matelot

LE
Book Reviewer
Typhoon carrying 18 Brimstone in future, tasty.
On the other hand, Brimstone costs approx 175,000 GBP, why didnt the FAC just sneak up and Bayonet the cnut the lazy cnut? Seems a little excessive for our budget.
Oooo, I like the cut of your jib - we need to put an man from MoD in the loop! FAC and FJ have a short conversation about ordnance required (danger close, all get a little too tasty) and man from MoD cuts in "err, say again FAC, 1000 lbs paveway for 3 x taliban armed with rifles?? No, no, won't do, I can give you say 60 rounds of 30mm on a quick strafe run. Come back in an hour if that didn't do the trick, I'll be back from Efi then!"

"oh and I need a photograph of the badgers too, sort of receipt, toodle pip"

Napalm is fairly cheap, bit of avgas, and some gelling agent in a aerodynamic dustbin.
Hmmm...Taliban Toast. Too bad it's outlawed now.
Minor details...

What was it the bloke in fight club said? You can make napalm if mix equal parts gasoline and orange juice concentrate? **** that actually, with the price of petrol it'll soon be cheaper to drop Brimstone on them.

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
Can I be the first to say that it would have been cheaper and better to use a Harrier?

And that the Navy would have done this with less self congratulation and advertising?

Thank you

Can I be the first to say that it would have been cheaper and better to use a Harrier?

And that the Navy would have done this with less self congratulation and advertising?

Thank you
I dont get all the love of harriers, although i know your joking.

Do the harriers get a discount everytime they drop a bomb, as there so cool to watch taking off? Or do the pilots, parts, fuel and groundcrew just get paid less? Either way harrier was a raf thing to.

Got to hand it to him for the tour tache though:

Attachments

Minor details...

What was it the bloke in fight club said? You can make napalm if mix equal parts gasoline and orange juice concentrate? **** that actually, with the price of petrol it'll soon be cheaper to drop Brimstone on them.
Given that HM's Forces do not pay taxes on fuel, or indeed anything, napalm is a very frugal system.

Thank you
Those would be the Harrier GR7s that the Navy scrounged seats from the RAF on then?? Tell you what, must have really hurt the "Senior Service" pride when their FW air had it's death throes prolonged by the generosity (and, if we're honest) sniggering of the Junior Service, Denim-Decked Monkeys by giving them slots on "Joint" Farce Harrier. That being one of the "Joint" areas where we didn't really need the FAA, and didn't really want them, but had it foisted upon us anyway - and were told to make it work.

Hearts Of Oak and all that pish.............

Latest Threads