RAF to wear uniform in MOD Main Building....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ashford_old_school, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. on Wednesdays only.... and only if other factors do not 'militate' (sic) against it!

Well hoorah for the RAF, why go the whole hog if you can do a half-arrsed job!!

2. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Well I hope the military take note and decide to follow suit ... 8)

3. [​IMG]]

Jolly good!

4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Oh wow! Big new's there,so we have to wear shirt,tie & pullover/thunderbird jacket instead of S95!So the f*ck what.

5. Why can't you wear CS95???? why the big issue of wearing your blues!! it's a lot cheaper in the long run and will be instantly recogniseable as being in the military. Unless you are like the flyboys at my location who really dislike the military way of doing stuff!! Even the big wigs at flyboy space centre have ordered their minions NOT to wear CS95 as it makes them look "too military" ........what the F@*k!!! so how do you make a Fook off big tornado with hoofin great big bombs hanging off it look less military??? Paint it pink?? C'mon guy's, stop worrying about your image and get with the program!! Contary to some TV programs, a small bunch of RAF are actually chewing dirt and taking incoming alongside their green counter parts in AFG!! Not having a holiday!! sort of urinates on their efforts really does'nt it?? I ask you!!

edited for mongness due to uncontrollable rage

6. What's your aversion to 'militate'?

7. [​IMG]

8. As you are RAF Regt you'd probably just shoot yourself by accident :D

As for the uniform to be worn... CS95 in MB why? Barrack Dress would be sufficient.

Nice 2s trousers (you'd wear them each day so they WOULD fit and be comfy) shirt, tie and a nice pair of shoes... brown for OR9s and OFs and Black for ORs up to OR 8.

All wrapped up with a stable belt and hat (thunderbird stylee if that is your thing). Jumper in the winter and the addition of a jacket and all that gubbins if you want to wild.

The RAF have a similar uniform as do the RN. Even the RM have a similar uniform, which would allow all to look jolly spiffing and smart, but retain their brand identity...

rather than the daily dress abortion that is CS95. A combat uniform covered in badges, starched, tailored and with a jacket tucked in.

9. So hows the Doggy doing?

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

I some pilot finding it hard to steer the conversation round to him so wants everyone in Blues so they can see his wings?

11. Perhaps they intend to harness the static electricity generated by the vast acreage of polyester, to power and light Main Building.

12. I will agree the RAF no2 dress is shoite, but its still a crap thread

13. No, it's a crab thread. 8)

14. Well the growbags will be very handy for carrying oyster cards & so on because of all the pockets & of course will deal well with the grime of the city.

As for the non-aircrew they might do a good job of scaring off motorists who mistake them for parking enforcement officers ;)