• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

RAF to fly out of Kinloss once more.

........closing operational airfields is a shit idea shocker...........The MoD,, crap forward planning since 1964

The MoD couldn't run a Boy Scout troop - it's a shame they are put in charge of people with guns!

They should be keeping Fort George......
It’s an expensive craphole not suitable for a modern army. Hand it over to historic Scotland and let them shell out for the upkeep.

Just lucky the Army hasn't dug up half the operating surfaces and stuck porta-cabins on the rest of it.

It’s an expensive craphole not suitable for a modern army. Hand it over to historic Scotland and let them shell out for the upkeep.
I may be mistaken, but I was given to understand that it was already owned by Historic Scotland, but leased back to the MoD. It's probably the reason that the public are allowed to wander freely inside a live military base.

I may be mistaken, but I was given to understand that it was already owned by Historic Scotland, but leased back to the MoD. It's probably the reason that the public are allowed to wander freely inside a live military base.
That was essentially my point. Historic Scotland get all the benefit with none of the responsibility, same as for Edinburgh Castle.

So the relief landing ground for Lossiemouth is to be used as a temporary primary landing ground while the primary AOS is being maintained, before returning to being an RLG.
Much better than when they resurfaced the Lossie runways in 1987 and I had to go to St Mawgan (Newquay International) with a Jaguar squadron for a few months.

Latest Threads