RAF to axe 25% of trainee pilots Govt confirm

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Lt_TC-D, Feb 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At first sight it would seem sensible since they won't have any planes to fly and those they do have will only go out on Sundays to save money. Very unfortunate for the potential pilots since the brass never seem to be cut despite having no-one to command.

2. Must be awful news for the ones who are getting the chop! Indeed the brass look set to stay, despite having nobody to command, and nobody to train now!

Do you think anything similar will happen to the Army?

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

They did this to the naval trainees in the early 90s. All in a room and divided into passed and chucked out. 5 years later they were paying retention bounties of about £10k to aircrew because so many were leaving

4. I can’t understand why they are going to axe post IOT and EFT pilots, and not axe those currently in IOT with 0 hours?
    Or are they getting the good news as well?

5. This is government code for ....... Thank's Pilots, now piss off!

Looks as if government are chopping the RAF to a certain slow painful death!

Will we still be looking to Polish pilots in the next Battle of Britain ?? ..... No, Uncle Sam will do any future work for us.

Music to the ears of Argentina i should not wonder!

9. Old news. Rumourcon on this has been circulating Crab Air for the last couple of weeks. I heard it about a fortnight ago from a disgruntled aircrew person that was looking to jump ship into the Army.

On the bright side, there will be less light blue uniforms being shoehorned into tri-service staff jobs and thereby exerting disproportionate and thoroughly partisan Air influence.