RAF strikes Gaddafi's Navy

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, May 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I wonder what the PTT make of this? The RAF sinking ships!!
  3. Well if it was IX and 617 crews they will be fighting over this for the next 50yrs, who will get the bulkhead this time.
  4. I'd guess the PTT would point out that RN ships and their aircraft (fixed wing and rotary) have still zapped more ships (including ones at sea) and shot down more aircraft than the RAF has over the past 60 years. :)
  5. Well the RAF couldn't hit the Torey Canyon and that wasn't firing back.
  6. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

its all a big con, its actually the yanks giving us the footage as the typhoons cant hit anything and the tornadoes are being fixed.
  7. That was the WAFUs - main effort was by Sea Vixens and Buccaneers. Some crab Hunters involved using napalm and 3-inch RP to ignite the slick.
  8. Interesting. I wonder when anyone will realise that the 4 Typhoons that are doing the A2G stuff for the RAF are actually the test beds, and will be withdrawn soon to the UK to continue testing to see if its safe for them to operate the various systems... made oi larf when I heard that, amusing how desperate the RAF are to prove how good their £22bn (at latest costs) wonder weapons are that they deploy before they are technically ready.

Yes, thats right. £22 billion pounds. For an airframe that, once flown from Italy and Sicily in a non clean configuration, has about 15 mins over the AOO without A2A refuelling. I mean, its a great aircraft in its own way, but something has gone really wrong at so many levels.
  9. They will probably catch up as the RN has no fast air capability for the next ten years
  10. Ten? Ever - we'll be getting two squadrons worth of F35 apparently, both with RAF Bosses as we cannot supply the requisite number of pilots to make it worth giving RN squadron command. All very sad tbh
  11. The F35 is very sad, it is starting to make the Typhoon procurement look good!