RAF snipers protect Afghan family from insurgent attack

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Feb 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Or RAF Regiment patrol has a contact. :bball:
    • Like Like x 1
  3. The Rock Apes, imho, are in for a lot of this sort of PR massaging. After all, they'll be the ones left behind with the barrier once everyone else comes home.

There'll be a lot more of this. And I speak as an ex-Monkey.
  4. "Squadron Leader Jules Weekes, Officer Commanding II Squadron RAF Regiment, commented:
    Well its been a really quiet week for the RAF so we thought the MOD RSS feed should blow a normal everyday story out of all proportion"
    • Like Like x 3
  5. dockers

dockers Old-Salt Book Reviewer

Surely some mistake? RAF Regiment formed in 1932? I don't think so - 1942 and that makes the maths add up to a 70th anniversary not as in the article: "The news coincides with today's (1 February 2012) 70th anniversary of the formation of the RAF Regiment in 1932."

Heck, by the time I've posted this they may have noticed the glaring error. And I wonder why no-one takes much notice of these pieces except to ridicule them?
  6. Definately SF then?
  7. Usual excellent quality of press release from the RAF. Almost as good as the 'operational air' updates. These deliberately fail to mention the Army UAS which do a load more hours in support of ground callsigns than the RAF operated Reaper.

The depressing thing is, that there is probably an SO3/SO2 deployed to theatre whose job is to try and get the RAF roundrel on as many press releases as possible.
  8. I feel i wont hear the end of this..... "elite fighting force does what it actually claims for once (or we are led to believe...)"
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Yes, but where is this exactly? On the road to highway 1? Ha!
  10. Surely it's just standard Pebble Monkey behaviour and they're securing the EFI?
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Why is it that the RAF Media Ops lot are so crap? It's a great mystery to me. They're paid enough money ffs.
  12. RAF in shameless, repetitive self publicity. Yawn.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Because sometimes they're even funnier than one of your posts.
    • Like Like x 2