Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RAF Slang

Slum accomodation - "ah say it's only got four stars"
Push out and dominate ground - only just able to see the main gate in the rear veiw mirror.
Fitness freak - spotted walking to work.

Brilliant the way people come on here knowing so little that even their questions are stupid. Try e-goat little boy, you'll find it behind the wheelie bins.

Get to know "Jankers" mate, it's what you may find yourself doing if you **** up during training and also if you decide it aint for you then they'll stick you on "Pool" Flight, which means picking up casings on the rifle range or assisting in the RTF after the Rocks have been doing weapons instruction and CBRN capability.

Hi. I was wondering what are some slang terms fighter pilots use for veterans and rookies?

Couldn't tell you mate, if God had wanted me to be a fighter pilot, He'd have given me a large watch and a small penis.

My helmet and helicopter? How kind.

Couldn't tell you mate, if God had wanted me to be a fighter pilot, He'd have given me a large watch and a small penis.

My helmet and helicopter? How kind.

Being nice guys, we always offered to look after the Rolex when they were crewing in for ops

Here's a few for you.

Civvy......RAF
Walt.......Rock
Mate...... A person with rank
In the Field......4* Hotel
Roughers.....3* Hotel
Hard routine.... 2* Hotel
Paratrooper..... 2 Sqn
Warzone...... an exhibition or PR event
Combat patrol..... Going to the Naafi
Contact drills..... Photo time
First parade.....Works social.

While working with some non-flying RAF officers back in the 80's they occaisionally referred to their flying colleagues as the "two winged master race"....

....usually with more than a hint of bitterness, jealousy and outright hatred.

Ppresumably because the flying sort had greater promotion prospects, a much better job than the rest of the scribblies, and always had the best chat up lines ("I fly fast jets" rather than "I fill out paperwork and sit behind a desk").

Rodney2q

Special forces- RAF REGT
Out on the ground- walking to EFFI from cookhouse
One of the big 3- RAF REGT
RAF Regt outside BSN-Lost/flying home/R and R
War is hell- RAF REGT in BSN/KAF/delayed R and R/no bacon in cookhouse.