RAF Show the Guards How To Do It !!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by methilman, Aug 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I'm sure that if you look hard enough, you'll find that they can!
  2. Well yes we can ... but we don't (not that often!! :D )

Quote to an Queen's Colour Squadron Flight Sergeant many years ago from my then RSM:

"Yes you do your drill by the book .... but we write the bloody book!!!"

3. Errr... Wrong... The RAF wrote that book...
  4. Some of the boys have been known to slip, but when a Guardsman does it he holds down the regimental pause of 2-3 in mid air, before going 4rse over tit in a smart, soldier like fashion.
  5. :D :D :D :D

Back in 1982(?), QCS were at the Royal Tournament. I was watching their display from high in the roof so I could see almost straight down on the formation. At one point in their display they would thrust the SLR down into the low port ams(?) while they marched. As they cleared that area there was, quite conspicuously, an SLR lying there in the middle of the arena. Search as I could I could not find the soldier who was missing the gat as he went through all the motions along with the rest of the formation.

Everyone knew that he was in deep sh1t when they marched off. The story goes that the WO was fcuking livid and was screaming and shouting at the entire formation. Then he asked for the culprit to make himself know. When he did the b0llocking went on for over a minute. At the end the SAC held out his right hand and there was the carrying handle...

No punishment was given...