RAF serviceman in A&E, in uniform, moved by staff to avoid 'offending' other users

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Was he wearing white socks?

Perfectly understandable in that case...

If he had been a squaddie he'd have had a pair of bollocks to tell them to do one. As it is they were prob just offended at him being a crab!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

In the same week we celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain . How ironic .

In the same week we celebrated the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain . How ironic .
Aye there's a lot of short memories in this country.Then again, a high proportion of the populace aren't even native to these isles.Might as well let anyone in and just consign British history to the dustbin.

syrup

LE
Happens all the time now a days.

We used to have a ex servicemen who went round with the tin at that time of year and sold his poppys.
He was asked to stop going to peoples desks and leave it reception where people could buy if they wanted to.

Turned out one of our Bulgerian imports had comlained as they were on the losing side.

So three of us took his tins and round we went.
When we were pulled up we pointed out there seemed to be no problem with tins going round for cancer etc.
We did offer to kick up a proper fuss if that manager wanted.
We have two Muslim employees who have a special room in the building were they pray during breaks etc.
They backed us and reminded the manager that there had been no fuss when they passed goodies out for Eid.
Normal service was resumed.

Any takers the people who might be 'offended' were a bunch of drunken tattooed chavs raising hell in A&E?

I wonder if the real back story was 'A&E staff move bloke in uniform away from ********* who might start picking on him for being a 'squaddie'.

Nitroxpuppy

War Hero

We used to have a ex servicemen who went round with the tin at that time of year and sold his poppys.
He was asked to stop going to peoples desks and leave it reception where people could buy if they wanted to.

Turned out one of our Bulgerian imports had comlained as they were on the losing side.

When we were pulled up we pointed out there seemed to be no problem with tins going round for cancer etc.
We have two Muslim employees who have a special room in the building were they pray during breaks etc.
They backed us and reminded the manager that there had been no fuss when they passed goodies out for Eid.
Im glad theres selfless people like you in the world as it restores karmic balance for when I punch queue jumping downies at Alton Towers.

philc

LE
Me I look for the positives, if I end up in A&E I will become a NHS walt, tell they all manner of porkies about death threats from dusky types, demand fast treatment and a room to myself, every cloud has silver lining.

D

Deleted 60082

Any takers the people who might be 'offended' were a bunch of drunken tattooed chavs raising hell in A&E?

I wonder if the real back story was 'A&E staff move bloke in uniform away from ********* who might start picking on him for being a 'squaddie'.
Yes, I thinks that's more like the story.

If this was the story "as reported" then this sort of thing needs stopping now, immediately, before anyone else thinks that this is OK. The hospital needs to be hammered as hard as possible.

In addition, if there was any way that the "offended" party was linked to the "religion of peace" then immediate deportation is also required, to set an example to others. There is a kind of person who, if given an inch, will take a mile.

That may be the story but either way it's concerning.
The member of staff clearly thought that her request was reasonable, which is another concern.
There are positives in the wider world: in Cardiff in recent years, Muslim students have been helping to collect for Poppies.

One aspect of minding other peoples' business involves looking for things which might conceivably be offensive to somebody else. It is an odd quirk of the national character, but one sees it a lot these days. Otherwise healthy, well fed, well protected citizens with time on their hands get up to tricks which make them feel important or powerful, without having to assume any form of responsibility for the consequences.

Old Nig

Old-Salt
One aspect of minding other peoples' business involves looking for things which might conceivably be offensive to somebody else. It is an odd quirk of the national character, but one sees it a lot these days. Otherwise healthy, well fed, well protected citizens with time on their hands get up to tricks which make them feel important or powerful, without having to assume any form of responsibility for the consequences.
Very well put.

ummm more than a bit of bullshit added there me thinks.

Most businesses, public services AND the Army leave the poppy collection pots static. This is advised by the collection coordinator and passed down to volunteers who ask the business to leave them where they are.

Many businesses have a seperate multi-faith room, any faith can pray there.

Open your eyes you fcuking bigot.

In addition, if there was any way that the "offended" party was linked to the "religion of peace" then immediate deportation is also required, to set an example to others. There is a kind of person who, if given an inch, will take a mile.
(a) what if they weren't Muslim but another 'foreign' religion?

(b) what if they were from the UK?

(c) what (and this is the most important, because it's a story from the Scum clearly designed to bring in the kind of f*cktard that loves a good bit of outrage) if it didn't actually happen?

Latest Threads