Raf Regt

Heard a guy in my pub today telling everyone he was RAF Regt and parachuted onto the Falklands Islands in 1982. I have heard nothing of this type of mission at all. Any ideas?

Heard a guy in my pub today telling everyone he was RAF Regt and parachuted onto the Falklands Islands in 1982. I have heard nothing of this type of mission at all. Any ideas?
And then he said they were big 3, and Op SILKMAN was an operational jump.........yawn D-

Drunken ex-service person exaggerates service to blag free beer, **** me stop the press.

At least you know he's not a total walt, no self respecting fibber would claim to be raf reg.

Did he tell you about a milion blank rounds being loaded onto one of the ships?

Did he tell you about a milion blank rounds being loaded onto one of the ships?
To be fair, we could have annihilated Argentina's entire supply of permafrozen D shaped pasties with that amount of blank ammunition. Assuming they'd all agreed not to shoot the guy blowing their shite in pastry to pieces of course.

I'm not even going to dignify this pathetic waaah with a reply.

Oh bugger......

Rodney2q

Nobody parachuted onto the Falklands in 1982, I believe even the Speshul people were kicked out of SeaKings.
Not quite, there were two seperate sorties. The replacement CO for 2 Para was static line dropped from a C-130 following the death of H Jones. An SAS squadron were static lined from a C-130 into the oggin towards what was to be the end of hostilities.

Edited to add....................... bugger!! I shouldn't be so straightforward. Why didn't I see that coming..........................................

I can believe anything about the RAF Regt. Although when I do I usually shake my head from side to side and mumble quietly to myself at the same time. This all started many years ago when I spent 12 month at Butlins Akrotiri and I think the Regt were supposed to be the security or something.

The S.A.S. lads that parachuted into the falklands( a water jump) were to replace the 18 that were drowned when their chopper ditched.