RAF Regt to commission painting of 'The Battle of Bastion'

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Wildstabinthedark, Oct 4, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As above, those cheeky monkeys in blue are commissioning an oil painting to celebrate their brave victory against the Taleban in the recent attack onto the camp. Truly, they know no shame.

2. Oh. My. Gawd.

3. [​IMG]

and then superimpose this picture in to the foreground...

[​IMG]
    but wearing Oaky Dokies.

4. Will they be able to fit all the burning Harriers they failed to defend/brassed up into the background?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oh dear.

6. I've just had a bag of spicy nic nax :)

7. I'd like to 'double like' PA and CFs pictures, and see a combination of them make it onto canvas, a glorious picture me thinks.

8. How many VC commendations are being sent up for this epic battle, the glory of which dwarfs even Rorke's Drift?

• Like Like x 1
  9. I think it'll be jolly nice, Biggles swooping down out of the sky eight Brownings blazing as he cuts the murderous Taliban down then off for tea and medals.

10. Pigmies at Rorke's Drift not........

11. Now come on. There was only 150 of them with AH support and the best part of a USMC air squadron (all trained infantry I believe?). Against 20 local insurgents.

The men of Stalingrad would be in awe of the odds faced fearlessly by the SRDG. Gawd bless em.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Meh!! Been done already for fucks sake. IMAG0133.jpg

• Like Like x 27
  13. Your wish is my command. Though I couldn't be arrsed with the Fakeleys.

bastion_harrier.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  14. Oh, Dear God! Is there a link to confirm this, or, please Lord, this is another wind-up?