• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

RAF Regt to commission painting of 'The Battle of Bastion'

As above, those cheeky monkeys in blue are commissioning an oil painting to celebrate their brave victory against the Taleban in the recent attack onto the camp. Truly, they know no shame.

I think it'll be jolly nice, Biggles swooping down out of the sky eight Brownings blazing as he cuts the murderous Taliban down then off for tea and medals.

How many VC commendations are being sent up for this epic battle, the glory of which dwarfs even Rorke's Drift?
Now come on. There was only 150 of them with AH support and the best part of a USMC air squadron (all trained infantry I believe?). Against 20 local insurgents.

The men of Stalingrad would be in awe of the odds faced fearlessly by the SRDG. Gawd bless em.

Sadly not a wind up. Announced in mess meeting. I wonder if it will include the recently abandoned OP that was discovered 300m from the perimeter. You'd have thought that might be in their ptl area.

Latest Threads