RAF Regt airborne snipers don't inspire confidence.....

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Further to the latest excellent MOD_RSS feed here

RAF Pumas arrive in Ilford for Olympics role | Army Rumour Service

Also this excellent peice of journalisim from the Daily Mail

Ready for action: A fearsome Lance Corporal - who cannot be named for security reasons - a trained sniper with the a high-ranking regiment, shows what he will be doing throughout the Games

Read more: Royal Navy's largest warship sails down the Thames as armed forces put on show of strength for Olympics | Mail Online

I can't help feeling that Al Qaeda isn't going to be their only worry during the Olympics.
Early evidence shows that Arsse may have infiltrated their high security ring of steel and sent our fearsome warriors a message.

Attachments

Growbag: check.
Tom Cruise lid: check.
Allyest-looking gat in Christendom: check.
Sniper badges: check.
Wings: check.
Ally suit patches: check.
Spam flying gloves: check.
BFO watch: check.
Oakleys: FAIL.
Shit-eating grin: FAIL.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry, but I bet he gets laid.

Sniping with a shotgun from a helicopter isn't a recipe for precision, I wouldn't have thought.

Er, I'm not that in to all t his sniping from helis.

But if you're close enough to use a shot gun, wont the pilot be chopping the target up with the rotors?

Or have essentially landed, at which point everyone can get out and do some accurate shooting.

Perhaps the shotgun is for repelling boarders? What's the underslung gubbins? In my day it'd have been a pickaxe handle.

Mudguards subdubed-check
Name and Heli Sniper (FFS) badge subdubed-check
Sniper qualification badge bright white-FAIL

............ and do some accurate shooting.
Eh? Accurate shooting - The RAF - In the same sentence - Shawly shum mishtake...?

If they use shotguns to 'snipe' from the air, they have an inbuilt excuse for missing, or for hitting Friendly Forces.

There was a rockape LIEUTENANT CORPORAL being interviewed on BBC news yesterday, same guy I think.

Yes, I saw the shotgun too and wondered how on earth you can snipe with it!

If on the other hand he bags a left and right woodcock,and has witnesses,he can join the Shoooting Times Woodcock Club.

Is that a laser pointer slung under the shotgun or a video camera with wifi capability to upload footage directly to Youtube?

Think you missed this for mocking the Daily as well:

A soldier runs across the banks of the William Girling reservior towards the anti-aircraft gun as armed police look on - as training continues just yards from peoples back gardens anti-aircraft missiles point skywards.

There was a rockape LIEUTENANT CORPORAL being interviewed on BBC news yesterday, same guy I think.
Yo unever know with the RAF though.. they have some wierd ranks.

Wonder one of these be better than the shotgun?

How many more reasons will the RAF give us for mocking them?? it is not even funny anymore...a combination of armed plod and RAF regt....fucking hell!!

I am so pleased to see that it is not just me thinking "surely that is a shotgun"...

Nice to know I'm not senile yet! :)

However, I'd be willing to bet I could do just as well with my 20 year old Winchester 1200 pump gun...after all, the crabs are not well know for getting up close and personal are they?

Rodney2q

...the crabs are not well know for getting up close and personal are they?
Hang on. As a civvy I'm a bit confused here.

Most of the posts on here insist the RAF are a bunch of gayers, (the van photo seems to confirm this), and now you're telling us they don't ride the sausage?