raf regiment

They're being replaced by Group 4, funded by a Lottery grant. 8)

They haven't gone yet? Never noticed.

If the RAF Regt lose Rapier then , what is their role in a modern,mobile force.Lets be honest if there were any real need for them they wouldn't even be looked at in the Air Defence review

The only use for the RAF Regt that I'm aware of is as a mongbag unit to which mongbag cadet units can be attached. That way a bunch of ill-led, disinterested and unmotivated cadets are not cutting about wearing the capbadge of the real RAF.

Absolutely!

RAF Regt probably the most famous regt to the ATC (Air Training Corps).
Soz I wos a ATC cadet but so what ???? RAF Regt: We do X,Y and Z but the TA form our first line defence == Super STABS

What winged master race? After the cutbacks, that'll be two men, a dog and and the one Typ-Hoon the MoD can afford to buy.

Worked with the RAF Regt on ops recently. Great lads. Will hear no ill said against them.

Well, I might hear some ill but not for long: the speaker will feel the sharp end of my "LASER".

A thread on the subject from the dull site AKA pprune.

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=7fa101e78422c1ed8452de2eef9c1abc&threadid=126596

Rocks believe themselves to be an absoloute linch pin to all things wary and mil. The rest of the planet know they are only one step up from cadets. And I'm sure some cadets would be a bit peeved at the comparison.

Old addage, all the gear etc.... And they do have all the gear too! Blades would be pi55ed off at the kit these muppets can get their hands on!

polar said:
Dr Evil said:
Worked with the RAF Regt on ops recently. Great lads. Will hear no ill said against them.

Well, I might hear some ill but not for long: the speaker will feel the sharp end of my "LASER".
* Off. Your laser has been withdrawn due to H&S. RAF = Bottie Boys
Well, if they are Bottie Boys they managed to keep their hands off Dr Evil, and each other, while doing a more confident and constructive job of peace support ops than the Paras who preceded them round my way.

Novelty factor Dr Evil in their case. They havent exactly spent the past 30 or so years deployed have they? Aldergrove warriors. It is nice when you have the resorces to do the job and the supply chain to enure the kit is there in the first place.

Regt should concentrate on their original primary role-airfield defence. They believe themsleves to be very SF, just ask our pet firefighter firey, very special chap he is!

Baby toy army wannabes, nowt more, nowt less. Rock apes tend to be the types who have failed police dog selection.

BTW have worked with rocks on numerous occasions so I feel I am some what able to comment.

Flashy - for an RAF wannabee you bang your gums a lot about the Light Blue you aspire to.

RAF Regt are good operators. Nothing else to say on that. Their role has been a bit grey but, during Telic, they stepped up to the mark and proved themselves. Ask those who operated with them. Yes - there are knackers - I am sure the AAC is not ALL demi-gods too. In fact KNOW that to be true. Don't let it colour my vision.

Little-known fact here. Army were very envious of the logistical support the RAF had developed for Rapier. resulted in far better serviceability rates and easier operation of the system.