RAF Regiment

Are these guys a Good Fighting Force or p1ss poor with very 'relaxed' training as compared to British Army's training.

(My reason for this post is that they are still an Infantry Regiment, even though they are RAF, they are still on the same side!)

Do you expect to get a balanced answer from the ARMY Rumour Service?

If you are considering joining, go to your AFCO and speak to the Army about the Infantry, the RAF about the Rockapes. Make a considered opinion, instead of asking servicemen from one arm to pass judgement on another.

People from Surrey would never join the RAF Regiment, they'd join the Young Conservatives.

Who are actually harder.

Who can link the 100 + page thread on this subject? That was pure hilarity in parts and an achievement arrsers should be proud of in breaking the century mark.

Nowt much else to say apart from *sigh*

Well as ex RAF you probably think im bias, but i promise this is true. While on 34 sqn in cyprus in 94 their was a competition with diffrent teams from all the battalions in cyprus, and the RAF Reg won.. so carry on...

waterman said:
Well as ex RAF you probably think im bias, but i promise this is true. While on 34 sqn in cyprus in 94 their was a competition with diffrent teams from all the battalions in cyprus, and the RAF Reg won.. so carry on...
Winning a flower arranging competition is nothing to be proud of :D

out@last said:
waterman said:
Winning a flower arranging competition is nothing to be proud of :D
That was 96. The 94 competition was who can be last in the queue to get sent to Bosnia. I believe The RAF Regt were just beaten there by The AGC and an ACF unit from Skegness.

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Closet_Jibber said:
Who can link the 100 + page thread on this subject? That was pure hilarity in parts and an achievement arrsers should be proud of in breaking the century mark.
Do i win a prize??

Epic slagging thread

catherine_r said:
I think the RAF Regiment's uniform is better than the Armys.....?!
WTF

catherine_r said:
tropper66 said:
catherine_r said:
I think the RAF Regiment's uniform is better than the Armys.....?!
WTF
It was a joke you big Father Christmas wizard, have you worked with anyone in the RAF regiment Tropper?

XCatX
I have, a few years ago in NI myself and a RRF lad were teaching lads & I was informed as soon as i walked into their trg wing they liked to be compared to the RM 8O

Now I'm ex-infantry & I did a little research on this unit, however the blokes from the OIC down to the sprog with 2 months service were a relaxed bunch and generally good to work with HOWEVER as far as "my own experiences" mainy guard & patrol air fields :wink:

I'm sure we'll get plenty of other constructive replies on them though.

Latest Threads