RAF regiment in the SFSG

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Fcukface, Jun 6, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. i've been reading the forums and there is one thing i cannot understand, what will be the role in the SFSG for the RAF regiment? From what i gather the marines will do sea stuff, paras will kill stuff, and the RAF reg will take make safe where they come in and leave? Surely if they are working alongside the paras and marines, they will be up to the task, whatever that is.

Also, i wanted to know if the RAF reg get alot of contacts in afghan or iraq, i read that they go upto 30km out, but i also was told by one serving RAF reg guy that he did a 6 month tour and never saw/shot at anyone.

Yeah i know this is an amry site, but the RAF one is pretty dead. and i know there are some RAF reg types here.

2. hmmm RAF types ay? better watch out for them

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Thought my arrse was a bit sore. Must pay more attention.

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Photographs of men manning a gate with their eyes blacked out??????? Can't see it catching on.

5. I used to be in the amry, but went on a spelling course and my career just took off from that point.

RD

6. Probably be a walt. I've never met a rockape who hasn't killed at least 100 men with his bare hands on tour. In Cyprus.

7. Thing is, the marines do land roles right? Surely the army would say something about that? So why don't the RAF have their own little army for stuff?

I figured using my GCSE's in burger flipping that the paras are the feeder to the SAS (mainly) Marines to SBS, and RAF to SRR?

8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

I thought it was only RGJ who did that in Cyprus.

9. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

To be honest, I have just been upgraded from P7 to P3! I would probably do better.

And I am a shiney arrse.

10. Whats a P3 or P7? Is that like a P45?

11. "i've been reading the forums and there is one thing i cannot understand, what will be the role in the SFSG for the RAF regiment? From what i gather the marines will do sea stuff, paras will kill stuff, and the RAF reg will take make safe where they come in and leave? Surely if they are working alongside the paras and marines, they will be up to the task, whatever that is.

Also, i wanted to know if the RAF reg get alot of contacts in afghan or iraq, i read that they go upto 30km out, but i also was told by one serving RAF reg guy that he did a 6 month tour and never saw/shot at anyone.

Yeah i know this is an amry site, but the RAF one is pretty dead. and i know there are some RAF reg types here."

I found your mate?

Attached Files:

12. No thats not him, he is someone on one of the facebook groups for RAF reg recruitment.

13. I have it on good authority that they guard the landrovers while the lads are having their scoff................. a highly important role !

No doubt they jump behind the wheel and sit there making their best engine noise while their mucker makes his playground machine noise whilst handling the jimpy!

ard as feck! :lol: :lol: :lol:

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

:roll:

15. Its a WAH!