RAF Regiment gunner course

Just out of curiosity where do the RAF regiment gunners go for their training course is it ITC Catterick, or just an RAF base??

Go and ask a feckin' Crab!

They looked into doing training at Catterick once, but decided it wasn't up to scratch as there wasn't enough EFI's to stand outside, so created a purpose built "EFI Village" at Honnington complete with a perimeter road and multiple barriers to operate.

They looked into doing training at Catterick once, but decided it wasn't up to scratch as there wasn't enough EFI's to stand outside, so created a purpose built "EFI Village" at Honnington complete with a perimeter road and multiple barriers to operate.
Poor drills. You failed to mention a shop selling Oakleys. Do try harder...

chimera

LE
Just to provoke argument. Since RAF Regt are fundamentally infantry, why can they not do basic training at ITC Catterick? So Honnington and all of its staff can be binned.

Here we go again...

..its like comparing chalk and cheese. I have done both (honnington in a reserve roll, but done none the less) and the RAF approach training in a very different way, and dare I say it, a more effective way.

Just to provoke argument. Since RAF Regt are fundamentally infantry, why can they not do basic training at ITC Catterick? So Honnington and all of its staff can be binned.
Because they are 'Big Three' of course, Elite Forces can't be lumped in with lowly Inf mate.

D

Dreamseller

lol i didn't intentionally start this to get the RAF rants on the go, but sure it could be interesting
Genuine question. If you took the trouble to use the internet to ask that in this site, why didn't you just Google it and get an answer just as quickly?

I have done but it was bringing me to that yahoo ask thing and bullshit like that where the question wasn't actually being answerd but people ranting about the regiment instead, so thought i would ask for a quick answer on here.

He's behind you!

D

Dreamseller

I have done but it was bringing me to that yahoo ask thing and bullshit like that where the question wasn't actually being answerd but people ranting about the regiment instead, so thought i would ask for a quick answer on here.
Fair enough.

Try Google? Type in 'RAF Regiment training' and the first link is: RAF Regiment Gunner training - RAF Careers

Latest Threads