RAF Regiment gunner course

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by IrishG, Sep 5, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Just out of curiosity where do the RAF regiment gunners go for their training course is it ITC Catterick, or just an RAF base??
  2. Go and ask a feckin' Crab!
  3. The RAF Regt Depot is at RAF Honington, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
  4. as above RAF Honnington in suffolk for 29 weeks.
  5. They looked into doing training at Catterick once, but decided it wasn't up to scratch as there wasn't enough EFI's to stand outside, so created a purpose built "EFI Village" at Honnington complete with a perimeter road and multiple barriers to operate.
    • Like Like x 6
  6. Stand by for 10 pages of anti RAF Regt propaganda!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Poor drills. You failed to mention a shop selling Oakleys. Do try harder...
  8. Its not propaganda, its the truth!
  9. chimera

    chimera LE Moderator

    Just to provoke argument. Since RAF Regt are fundamentally infantry, why can they not do basic training at ITC Catterick? So Honnington and all of its staff can be binned.
    • Like Like x 1

  10. No it isn't!
  11. Here we go again...

    ..its like comparing chalk and cheese. I have done both (honnington in a reserve roll, but done none the less) and the RAF approach training in a very different way, and dare I say it, a more effective way.
  12. lol i didn't intentionally start this to get the RAF rants on the go, but sure it could be interesting
  13. Because they are 'Big Three' of course, Elite Forces can't be lumped in with lowly Inf mate.
  14. Genuine question. If you took the trouble to use the internet to ask that in this site, why didn't you just Google it and get an answer just as quickly?
  15. I have done but it was bringing me to that yahoo ask thing and bullshit like that where the question wasn't actually being answerd but people ranting about the regiment instead, so thought i would ask for a quick answer on here.