Raf regiment ethos

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by honrwo, Nov 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Some quotes taken from a new ethos handout currently being developed for the RAF Regiment, perhaps you may wish to make comment.

"As members of the RAF Regiment we have total pride in ourselves, the Corps and the unique contribution to Air Power we provide. We look to no one else for example, interested only in maintaining the highest personal standards and levels of professionalism. We are known for our unwavering spirit and steadfast loyalty to each other and the Corps. Our determination, intelligence and ability to adapt quickly to changing circumstances allow triumph through adversity as we fight on the ground in order to ensure control of the air."

"The excellent reputation of the RAF Regiment is a result of the way our personnel conduct their duties and therefore, our ethos. Through possessing the personal attributes listed above we are able to achieve success through adversity and earn the respect of others. These attributes are not something that develop only once we have been awarded our ‘Mudguards’ and joined the RAF Regiment family. Whilst it is these attributes that allow us to achieve success in the face of the enemy, they are not just required when on operations. They also help us during training as they allow us to overcome the pressures of assessment and the arduous nature of RAF Regiment training."

"Every man must possess these attributes. Just as they help us to bring success on the battlefield, they help us to bring success generally ‘Cometh the hour, cometh the man’."
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

:puker: Pass the sick bowl someone, please!

this sounds like they are preparing to become part of the USA army/USMC/Air Force.
  3. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Out of interest, which Corps?
  4. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Will they have to recite it word for word while lying in bed and holding their rifles across their chests?

Be awesome if they did.
  5. Why whouldn't they??? ;)
  6. This is what happens when you Saatchi and Saatchi in!!
  7. These are my Oakleys.
    There are many like them, but these ones are mine.
    My Oakleys are my best friend.
    They are my life. I must master them as I must master my life.
    My Oakleys, without me, are useless. Without my Oakleys, I am useless.
    I must wear my Oakleys true.
    I must look cooler than my enemy who is trying to kill me......

My Oakleys and myself know that what counts in this war is not the rounds we fire, it's the noise of our patter, it's the tan we make. We know that it is the EFI chicks that count. We will fire into them.....
  8. Superb. When I was interviewed before attestation, I was asked by the Flight Sergeant about how I would feel working alongside other units who might take the piss out of me. I told him I was fine with that. I'm sure such touchy feely stuff does not extend to booties or paras.
  9. Quality.

Raf Regt take a lot of stick but as someone has said before. "we've never had an airstrip stolen."
  10. Keep it fucking simple you towering cunts !!

11. It's seriously moderated - as we found out when we tried to question one of our bretheren about his 'metrosexual' tastes whilst away from the rufty-tufty Regt.
  12. Shouldn't "Commando humour" be at the top of the list?