RAF Reg Snipers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by tomahawk6, Apr 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Great Story about the RAF Regiment snipers over Basra supporting ground ops.

RAF sniper SAC Gambling sets his sights on a potential target from an Army Lynx helicopter over Basra
    2 Squadron RAF Regiment's Sniper Section with an Army Lynx helicopter in Basra

2. Looks a very challenging way to take a shot. Top skills!

Good luck to them.
  3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Must resist aaaahhahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh.

Good thats that done now agreed, good drills!
  4. I've never fired an L96 but....

I would Imagine that must be a bloody hard thing to do from a wokka wokka, respect.
  5. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Who ever said they ever hit anything? :lol:

I say that, with respect for 2 Sqn, who I do vividly remember beating in a Falling Plates match many, many, years ago ... and they did get a lot better subsequently.

Good drills/skills/tactics. I like it a lot. Just hope they get a Lynx-driver with steady hands .... :wink:
  6. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

Royal Marines have been doing Heli Sniping for years out in the Carrabian. Very effective at shooting the engines of go-fasts of the drug runners. Slows them down so the boat teams can board.
  7. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Excellent cause, and good work by the Royals as usual!

Thanks for that info.
  8. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

This is some more on the Maritime Sniper Teams (MST).

Link here.

Of interest the CO is the elder brother of Ronnie Ancona the impressions lady.
  9. I think his safety catch is engaged.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I hope the rifle is attached, thats a starred item surely?
  11. Seconded. Bloody good drills. 8)
  12. At the risk of posing a bone question, how do they deal with the inevitable vibration caused by the large inverted ceiling-fan overhead, surely it must make SOME difference at long ranges :?
  13. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

How do they stay still long enough to take a shot without attracting incoming?

Either bloody brave or bloody stupid.
  14. probably the people they shoot are too busy elsewhere or thinking nay they can't possibly hit me from there :twisted: