Builds RAF refuelling trucks 1/76 scale Airfix kit number A03302

I'm bloody loving this build & very tempted to dip into the RAF vehicles in 72nd as I've got a Hurri IIc desert version to build. Is it still the old tooling for this circa 70s or is it new? it looks mint tbh & going together nicely.

I'm bloody loving this build & very tempted to dip into the RAF vehicles in 72nd as I've got a Hurri IIc desert version to build. Is it still the old tooling for this circa 70s or is it new? it looks mint tbh & going together nicely.
Post the make and model number and well tell you

Ches, if you mean the Refuelling set, yes it's the original tooling, and fits together really well still. They have re released it recently, new box art, not sure how the mould has held up for that.

starting a replacement roof section...

using spring tweezers to pinch the roof to the tight angles of the curved roof ends.

test fit, needs more pinching at the left edge

the roof made from plasticard and brass for the hatch. That's a bit of scratch building I hadn't planned for, it's put me behind, now to make a spare wheel holder...

while the cab windows dry it's time to make a start on the Bedford.

the cab front is made up of two pieces, then they join the cab floor

the doors next, minimal clean up, just the tabs to go.

using the doors to line up the cab back so there are no gaps

any doubt about PVA white glue making good 1/76 windows, I just need to take a look at the Airfix Scammell tank Transporter I made earlier...

while that lot dries, hardens and clears, I just want to bring the following figures into view and ask what you think about the realistic positions, or not.
starting with figure number one, meant to be Marshalling a plane into position, but looks more like "alright calm down class, there's a exam next door and I need you to keep the chatter down"

figure two, "I know the corporal said use a Bomb winch, but I'm doing this by myself to impress that little Blonde WRAF"

figure three
"come on lets walk in step holding these .303 guns the same way as we pass the WRAF accomodation, that little Blonde one is in there somewhere, and I want to get in there in front of Bomb Boy"

Figure four
"wish I'd joined the Pongoes, then this would be a Thompson"

figure Five
"Where are the others, I've got another seven guns to load after this one"

Figure six
" who ever heard of snakes on a plane, what's this got to do with the war effort"

second coat of OD, re thinking the mickey mouse camo pattern, might be too early war era for the diorama I have in mind, next some rear mudguards to go on.

second coat of OD, re thinking the mickey mouse camo pattern, might be too early war era for the diorama I have in mind, next some rear mudguards to go on.
Coming on nicely

I'm just watching Dam Busters The race to smash the German dams. In it about 15 minutes in there's a rare bit of colour film of an AEC 6 wheel tanker refueling a Lancaster. It's got the Micky Mouse camouflage, the quality of the film is very clear.

Thank you Robin, I'll check it out, decided on the early war scheme, I hope this was in service in the Spitfire summer of 1940. (even though most of the Spitfires were Hurricanes)

Latest Threads