RAF Reaper team uncovers Afghan drugs haul

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Aug 21, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I'm so proud I could burst. The RAF, hero's to a man.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Another 'zero casualties, my proudest day' moment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

Surely the real question is, given the fact that they are operating from a US Base in America, which US warrant rank does Wing Commander Bird's equate to and does he/she/it get saluted?

Sent from my iARRSE using iPhone app

• Like Like x 2
  5. Woopedeefuckingdo.

6. RAF drone operators operate drone

**** me, imagine that happening.

• Like Like x 1
  7. **** me, whatever did the RAF do before the days of needing to attention whore to the public.

Edit: Never mind.

8. Drugs? In Afghanistan? Surely not!

Coming soon; RAF find bear shit in the woods.

9. Errm... seems a good effort by 39 Sqn, required a bit of evaluation and interpretation and not just following a target.

Although the MoD RSS so-called automated feed can be irritating...

10. The Reaper ******* landed and uncovered the drugs did it?

• Like Like x 1
  11. He has a NATO ranking code of OF-4, and is equivalent to a Lieutenant Colonel in the US Army.

12. Ryan Air Force Unmanned drone flown remotely from USA flies high over truck in Afghanistan and sees something amiss . Some brave RAF type then reaches for phone to ring someone in Afghanistan to tell them to tell someone else to stop the truck. Wow this read like a real life Dambusters script .

* The RAF 'pilot' was bravely battling indigestion from a heavy lunch and burped a couple of times . Despite this, he managed to pick up telephone and pass the info .

* Taken from the DFC citation for Squadron Leader Darren Kyle Wibblebottom

13. They did their bit, but FFS, why do they have to overplay their contribution? Seems to me they would not have even been on target if the USMC and ANSF hadn't of pointed it out, and then all they did was follow it about. The troop's would have found the compartment anyway!

14. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Forgive me for asking, but isn't Afghanistan one big drugs stash?

15. You think the unit put this on the web? Today we also got told that a reservist is deploying to Afg. We got told yesterday that a bde is being replaced by another one, and that policemen do training. ******* self-advertising Army eh?

• Like Like x 1