RAF Reaper fires weapons for first time

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mr._Average, Jun 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I saw this on "Future Weapons" with that bald american guy that looks like Ross Kemp. Didnt think it would be put into service this quickly.
  2. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Clicked & got 'Service Unavailable'.
  3. What a great story, unfortunately we only have 1 of these UAVs left!!!

And let's hope that this type of operation isn't required regular as the UOR for the Reaper was for 3 of them, we had two but one crashed and the third won't arrive for a couple of months, they're a stop gap for our very own UAV, Watchkeeper, which doesn't have the capability to launch or take weapons as payload, bit of an oversight that. If we'd have just went and ordered the Predator (Reaper) then we'd have a few just now and the ability to change their roles, i think it would have been cheaper as well.
  4. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Swiss Des says;
    "Yes,but then if we did that then the would be no jobs for the boys,old Chap.We have to keep the government and,more importantly,campaighn donations coming in.
    No good buying things if we dont make any money out of it,is it old bean.I mean Lord Whatsisname would be mighty teed off if his seat on the board was put at risk.tsk tsk"
  5. Its the MOD official Defence News site and the article is in the Equipment and Logistics section. The link currently works fine; perhaps it was a glitch when you clicked?
  6. The RAF has used an unmanned drone to kill a Taliban leader for the first time, the Mail has learned.

Exactly HOW many times can these leaders BE killed then ?
  7. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Good hit, Crabs. Do they wear flying overalls in the 'office' to fly these things? Bit of an affectation if they do, methinks. But then perhaps they wear them for mess dinners as well ..
  8. Nice!

We should be cheering this: it's the beginning of the end of the d1ckhead fast jet pilot, who will be replaced by a playstation generation gamer and a really good remote control plane. First is Ground Attack, and that will be followed by Air Superiority in due course...

An acquaintance of mine who worked in the underground puzzle palace just outside London claimed to have seen a "circulating for comment" document that was pushing the idea that the Euroshyter would be the last manned air superiority fighter procured by the RAF.

Don't think they'll get rid of the flying babygro outfits, but they might have to add a playstation controller badge or something!
  9. Has anyone seen the Robin Williams film "Toys" best put the plug back on laddos PS2, can you get "Harrier Attack" from the speccy on it tho?