RAF put family in squalid flea-infested house

Daily Express, 2 Oct

'RAF PUT MY FAMILY IN A SQUALID FLEA-INFESTED HOUSE'

AN RAF engineer plans to quit the service after his family were driven to breaking point by the filthy, flea-infested housing they were moved to.
Aarron Campbell, 22, a father of a six-month old baby, became so desperate he found a new job.

But the Ministry of Defence insisted he had to stay because it is short of skilled manpower.

Problems began for Aarron and his family when he was moved from RAF Kinloss in northern Scotland to St Athan, near Cardiff, in March.

His wife Davina, 24, said: “I’ve told Aarron to choose between me and the RAF, because I cannot live like this.

“Our baby was bitten all over by fleas when the RAF put us into filthy new quarters.

“The MoD sent us to a welfare house while our quarters were fumigated, but the place they gave us was disgusting, with ripped carpets, filthy cupboards and kitchen doors hanging off their hinges. ...
STORY IN FULL

luke

War Hero
and RAF housing is better than ours!

I am surprised considering the jackboot marchout I had from DHE. Kicked out out of an immaculate quarter to move into a TOTAL SH*THOLE of a Sgts' mess.

MOD said:
"Flea infested" Service accommodation

The Daily Express has reported complaints by an RAF engineer over accommodation that he moved into with his family at the MOD site of St Athan in Wales which he said was "flea infested and filthy." We are committed to providing the highest standard of accommodation for our Armed Forces and their families. That's why we are spending over £8 billion on accommodation in the next decade. The MOD monitors Modern Housing Solution's activities, who are the group responsible for the maintenance and repair of some 45,000 Service Family Accommodation properties in England and Wales. With every home repair job, things don't always run to plan, but there is dedicated staff to discuss each ongoing case. If maintenance and repair works can't be resolved via the MHS helpdesk, they can be directed through Housing Officers (there are 150 based at 55 locations) who will act on behalf of occupants.

We make every effort to ensure that military homes are in an acceptable condition to families on move-in. In the case of Aircraftsman Campbell, action was taken as soon as issues were reported. Defence Estates, the RAF Chain of Command and the RAF Families Federation are engaging to help the individual and the family.

hackle said:
MOD said:

The Daily Express has reported complaints by an RAF engineer over accommodation that he moved into with his family at the MOD site of St Athan in Wales which he said was "flea infested and filthy." We are committed to providing the highest standard of accommodation for our Armed Forces and their families. That's why we are spending over £8 billion on accommodation in the next decade. The MOD monitors Modern Housing Solution's activities, who are the group responsible for the maintenance and repair of some 45,000 Service Family Accommodation properties in England and Wales. With every home repair job, things don't always run to plan, but there is dedicated staff to discuss each ongoing case. If maintenance and repair works can't be resolved via the MHS helpdesk, they can be directed through Housing Officers (there are 150 based at 55 locations) who will act on behalf of occupants.

We make every effort to ensure that military homes are in an acceptable condition to families on move-in. In the case of Aircraftsman Campbell, action was taken as soon as issues were reported. Defence Estates, the RAF Chain of Command and the RAF Families Federation are engaging to help the individual and the family.
Pious, evasive, hand-wringing shite. Do something. Do it now.
Wankers.

What a shame the RAF get to know what the Army have had to put up with since i can remember.

Whatever next, hotplates and mess tins :?

We spend eight months a year away and don't even get single service accomodation, let alone a married quarter. Whinging crab git.

It's a married quarter,subsidised housing,WTF do they expect.Go and rent privately and see how much that costs.(locally £650 per month for a two bed terraced)
I had mushrooms growing in the bathroom of my last quarter,every wall was damp and peeling,40 houses on the patch with no heating for eight weeks we put extra jumpers on..........you were lucky

twosugarsnomilk said:
It's a married quarter,subsidised housing,WTF do they expect.Go and rent privately and see how much that costs.(locally £650 per month for a two bed terraced)
I had mushrooms growing in the bathroom of my last quarter,every wall was damp and peeling,40 houses on the patch with no heating for eight weeks we put extra jumpers on..........you were lucky
I'd expect it to be to the standard set out. If you are too stupid to do something about poor conditions, then you crack on and suffer - I expect minimum standards in a quarter - this falls below that. Infestation and poor repair are not what I'd tolerate either.

The solution is Cillit Bang, a duster and some graft and less whining to the media. Man up, you blue nylon loving, scared of phys excuse of an airman. I'd eat his wife out like a peach though.

Could be wrong here but dont fleas need a host animal to breed in, if the crabby chap has fleas then they must have come from his own animals !

Could be wrong here of course, ISTR that flea eggs are dormant until woken up by vibration

Mr_C_Hinecap said:
twosugarsnomilk said:
I'd expect it to be to the standard set out. If you are too stupid to do something about poor conditions, then you crack on and suffer - I expect minimum standards in a quarter - this falls below that. Infestation and poor repair are not what I'd tolerate either.
Mrs t did something about it and caused quite a stir,she contacted the agony aunt Anne Armstrong from Soldier magazine(a few years ago),who contacted the Brigadier who contacted the ...(you get the picture) and the soft brown sticky stuff hit the spinning thing and things got done rapidly.My exit interview with the CO three months later lasted about thirty seconds,coffee wasn't offered.

hackle said:
MOD said:

No denial of the state as reported in the press. :wink:

whitecity said:
hackle said:
MOD said:

No denial of the state as reported in the press. :wink:
True, and even some of the posters having a go at the guy are only confirming that this is no isolated case.

After all, the Campbell family were in SFA before so it isnt as if they have just walked in off civilian street.

Why do soldiers not moan to the media about their MQs?

Because they're not called "Aarron" that's fcuking why! 8)

k13eod said:
Why do soldiers not moan to the media about their MQs?

Because they're not called "Aarron" that's fcuking why! 8)
Maybe we should though, not name ourselves Aaron but complain louder, this situation in any of the services is disgraceful no matter how widespread!

twosugarsnomilk said:
Mrs t did something about it and caused quite a stir,she contacted the agony aunt Anne Armstrong from Soldier magazine(a few years ago),who contacted the Brigadier who contacted the ...(you get the picture) and the soft brown sticky stuff hit the spinning thing and things got done rapidly.My exit interview with the CO three months later lasted about thirty seconds,coffee wasn't offered.
He should have done his job properly in the first place...

Latest Threads