RAF put family in squalid flea-infested house

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by hackle, Oct 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Daily Express, 2 Oct

2. and RAF housing is better than ours!
  3. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I am surprised considering the jackboot marchout I had from DHE. Kicked out out of an immaculate quarter to move into a TOTAL SH*THOLE of a Sgts' mess.
  5. Pious, evasive, hand-wringing shite. Do something. Do it now.
  6. What a shame the RAF get to know what the Army have had to put up with since i can remember.

Whatever next, hotplates and mess tins :?
  7. We spend eight months a year away and don't even get single service accomodation, let alone a married quarter. Whinging crab git.
  8. I spent 9 years in RAF quarters, they were all shite , looks like a non story to me
  9. I'm happy with my MQ - I fail to see what the fuss is all about.
  10. It's a married quarter,subsidised housing,WTF do they expect.Go and rent privately and see how much that costs.(locally £650 per month for a two bed terraced)
    I had mushrooms growing in the bathroom of my last quarter,every wall was damp and peeling,40 houses on the patch with no heating for eight weeks we put extra jumpers on..........you were lucky
  11. I'd expect it to be to the standard set out. If you are too stupid to do something about poor conditions, then you crack on and suffer - I expect minimum standards in a quarter - this falls below that. Infestation and poor repair are not what I'd tolerate either.
  12. The solution is Cillit Bang, a duster and some graft and less whining to the media. Man up, you blue nylon loving, scared of phys excuse of an airman. I'd eat his wife out like a peach though.
  13. Could be wrong here but dont fleas need a host animal to breed in, if the crabby chap has fleas then they must have come from his own animals !

Could be wrong here of course, ISTR that flea eggs are dormant until woken up by vibration
  14. You're quite correct. I found this out the hard way whilst mounting my golden retreiver.
  15. Mrs t did something about it and caused quite a stir,she contacted the agony aunt Anne Armstrong from Soldier magazine(a few years ago),who contacted the Brigadier who contacted the ...(you get the picture) and the soft brown sticky stuff hit the spinning thing and things got done rapidly.My exit interview with the CO three months later lasted about thirty seconds,coffee wasn't offered.