RAF Pumas arrive in Ilford for Olympics role

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by MoD_RSS, Jul 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Well, I for one am very reassured to know that ancient old helicopters are forming the cutting edge of the Olypic Junket Protection Force.
  3. Can anyone tell me why they have snipers carrying shotguns in helicopters? I am genuinely intrigued. (Or indeed, is it something other than a shotgun?) It just struck me that shotguns are most efficient at close range... unlike helicopters.

As for the RAF posers...

4. That does look like a Benelli shotgun....
  5. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Anyone who goes to all the trouble of stiching his RAF Reg mudguards and crossed rifles to his flying suit deserves to be allowd to carry what he wants.
    He's even stuck a pretty badge on his deck hat.

The mail describe them as " a fearsome LCpl from a high ranking regiment"
    Is that the new way of trying to say big three?
  6. What does that crossed rifles symbol mean anyways?
  7. He's qualified to stack arms. That's what the S stands for.
  8. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Crossed rifles = marksman.
    Crossed rifles with S as worn by our young sewing enthusiast = Sniper
    The force is strong in you I detect a Wah
  9. A shotgun might make some sense. Terrorists are unlikely to have access to fighters and bombers. They might be able to get an ultralight and lay down an agent from an improvised dispersion device. Even if the laydown was not a live agent but something like baby powder, if an ultralight laid down a powder on a stadium packed with 80,000 people people could be killed in the panic that could occur. (Thinking Ibrox 1971, 66 dead, Hillsborough 1989, 96 dead, plus hundred injured). A shotgun could disable an ultralight pilot but the pellets are short range enough to reduce or eliminate collateral damage.

10. Forget the "wah." I really didn't know.
  11. 'You is all pooftahs'
  12. So you suggesting we shoot scousers?

13. Well OK as long as you don't shoot the Snail
  14. Whats the device underslung on the shotgun, is it a laser or range finder? No wah intended !
  15. It's an RAF ******** tool. Have to be trained to use one, most people just use a straw.