RAF Publicity machine does it again.

Discussion in 'Royal Air Force' started by hotel_california, Jul 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hotel_california

hotel_california LE Book Reviewer

2. Reminds me of the story a few years ago of there being more Admirals in the Andrew than vessels

Still don't know if it was true, but frothed up the usual suspects
  3. To be fair, at the time the brochure was produced, they were expecting to find a few Spitfires in Burma.
    • Like Like x 9
  4. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Has anyone got a full breakdown of what the 889 actually are? I'd love to know how many UAS grobs, gliders and EFT Slingsby Fireflys are in that number.
  5. Or machines with "Royal Navy" and "Army" painted on the side.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. hotel_california

7. I think the Sligsby Firefly's have all been sold off. Most, if not all of the grob tutors are grounded because props fall off, and a significant portion of the air cadet gliders are also U/S presently.

Most of these aircraft are PFI'd out to contractors, who are greedy and incompetent.

A few years ago, the ATC and the contractors couldn't balance the books on their fleet of 98 gliders. Until someone physically counted them and found there were actually 109 gliders. No wonder the books didn't balance.
  8. Complete with hamster pilots, no doubt
  9. The Royal Fleet Auxiliary is creeping into the RN's order of battle in what seems to be a bid to make the RN look more mighty than it is in terms of hulls.

If I'm pedantic there is only one serving admiral ( 4*) ( a few others remain on the active list in retirement as they would have done in the days of 5*).

More Commodores than ships is a given if my fag packet calculation is anything to go by.

hotel_california, Wikipedia is not an authority on anything ( although it may link to one). It has some howlers on matters Naval so I expect that its knowledge of matters Crustacean is also flawed.
  10. I'm looking forward to seeing how the Army PR machine spins its success in sorting out Helmand, building, no doubt, on its success in Basra.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. You mean the War Reserve? That's tip top secret
  12. hotel_california

Seadog, I'm fully aware of that wiki is not the best source, however, I do think it's more accurate than the RAF's calculation!
    • Like Like x 2

13. [​IMG]

Just add glue.
    • Like Like x 4
  14. hotel_california

Just add glue.

Fitted for but not with?
  15. Good God! Now everyone knows!