Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by old_bloke, Mar 7, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Like the article says they're members of the RAF Regiment and they're doing the job of the RAF Regiment, defence of airfields. What are you confused about, the article is fairly explicit and it even has pictures to assist those who are a bit hard of understanding :lol:
  2. 51 sqn by the way were up the sharp end on TELIC 1, NOT AN AIRFIELD TO GUARD IN SIGHT...............

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good slagging, eh...................

KN OB
  3. Must be like all the rest who told me they were first through the breach :lol:
  4. I rest my case
  5. first in through the window of the embassy too, eh? ;)
  6. Do you think his hat shrunk in the wash???

7. I'm a Rock, I'm 25 and I think I'm Bruce Lee, driving 'round in my stripped-down pinkie...:D

(Apologies to the JCB song people)
  8. 307

307 War Hero

Yeah stopping a few 122mm rockets landing on a Herc full of squaddies touching down's a complete waste of time, since no one else has I'll say it. Good work lads another example of the professionalism across the board of HM armed forces.
    Editted to add, stripped down pinkie? You sure....heejit.
  9. I'd rather have the RAF Regt defending my position than any non-teeth Army unit. I don't mind slating the RAFP because they are a bunch of useless cnuts but the RAF Regt do their job rather well and have always come across as very professional in my eyes. All IMHO (which won't count for much in here) :)
  10. Yea can't have a go at them for this one. Excellent result and keeping up the reputation.
  11. As a general principle definitely not :wink: :lol: But on this one, bloody good effort Rocks !
  12. The Rocks come in for all sorts of abuse from all the services, especially the RAF. But they are excellent all round soldiers, hate to say so. They are really good at what they do.

Well done boys.
  13. yep stag on!!

remember you dont have to fly to be in the RAF. u can fill up fuel tanks and inflate tyres too
  14. The RAF Regt deserve great credit for this. We have already lost Herc & 11 Crew to enemy fire. Imagine if Blair's Herc was downed what would board of enquiry find and who would be hung the ? The Rock Apes for not guarding the base. I hope the SNCO & Cpl get some type of recognition and award for this. Their vigilant soldiering saved lifes. So you folk here who are passing remark & taking the p*$$ out of these rockapes are probably jealous that they got a result. Well done lads and thanks for a job well done.