RAF PRATTS

Like the article says they're members of the RAF Regiment and they're doing the job of the RAF Regiment, defence of airfields. What are you confused about, the article is fairly explicit and it even has pictures to assist those who are a bit hard of understanding :lol:

51 sqn by the way were up the sharp end on TELIC 1, NOT AN AIRFIELD TO GUARD IN SIGHT...............

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good slagging, eh...................

KN OB

warrydave said:
51 sqn by the way were up the sharp end on TELIC 1, NOT AN AIRFIELD TO GUARD IN SIGHT...............

Dont let the truth get in the way of a good slagging, eh...................

KN OB
first in through the window of the embassy too, eh? ;)

I'm a Rock, I'm 25 and I think I'm Bruce Lee, driving 'round in my stripped-down pinkie...:D

(Apologies to the JCB song people)

Yeah stopping a few 122mm rockets landing on a Herc full of squaddies touching down's a complete waste of time, since no one else has I'll say it. Good work lads another example of the professionalism across the board of HM armed forces.
Editted to add, stripped down pinkie? You sure....heejit.

I'd rather have the RAF Regt defending my position than any non-teeth Army unit. I don't mind slating the RAFP because they are a bunch of useless cnuts but the RAF Regt do their job rather well and have always come across as very professional in my eyes. All IMHO (which won't count for much in here) :)

The Rocks come in for all sorts of abuse from all the services, especially the RAF. But they are excellent all round soldiers, hate to say so. They are really good at what they do.

Well done boys.

yep stag on!!

remember you dont have to fly to be in the RAF. u can fill up fuel tanks and inflate tyres too

The RAF Regt deserve great credit for this. We have already lost Herc & 11 Crew to enemy fire. Imagine if Blair's Herc was downed what would board of enquiry find and who would be hung the ? The Rock Apes for not guarding the base. I hope the SNCO & Cpl get some type of recognition and award for this. Their vigilant soldiering saved lifes. So you folk here who are passing remark & taking the p*$$ out of these rockapes are probably jealous that they got a result. Well done lads and thanks for a job well done.

I served with Tonto Tointon on 48 Sqn about 15 years ago. He is a top bloke.

I agree with all the comments on a job well done, but why put it on a defence website that civvies are never going to look at? Surely a press release could have gone to some national papers....WHAT am i saying? It is good news from Iraq! Forget my last, will be AGAI-ing myself for using common sense.

The RAF regt getting defended in an Army NAAFI bar (and righfully so I might add), this is a monumentous occasion and a far cry from rucking with 'the Crumlin commandoes' at the Phoenix or the Ale palle in Aldergrove all those moons ago.
I must be getting sentimental in my old age.

Awesome result and truely proffesional.. Slick drills and quick thinking = Bad guy in the backof the rover. NO rounds fired ... no one gets a shoeing on the front of the News of the World. Thats a thought! Why arent the papers flogging this story! Just goes to show. Our media is only interested in selling papers even if it comes at the persnal safety of ours Guys and Girls out there.

Well done to 51 and the teams .. If we meet the beers are on me!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
PartTimePongo The Intelligence Cell 16
Good CO The Intelligence Cell 4
bullshit The Intelligence Cell 6